Computer geeks?
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: Computer geeks?
(04-11-2012 11:53 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I dislike Amazon, though. BestBuy has it for $69. The extra $20 is worth my dignity.

Yep, saw that on Best Buy's website. Nice thing about going to a local store (if you have a Best Buy near you) is the return procedure is usually much less complicated than going through an online return. I just decided to take the risk and attempt to save $20.

Also, on most APC UPS devices, if you're using Windows, they come with a USB cord and software that will automatically shut down your computer during a power outage even if you're not at the controls.

If you get a UPS, it's probably best to plug it in and let it fully charge the battery for 24 hours before putting it into service.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-11-2012 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

(04-11-2012 12:01 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 11:53 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I dislike Amazon, though. BestBuy has it for $69. The extra $20 is worth my dignity.

Yep, saw that on Best Buy's website. Nice thing about going to a local store (if you have a Best Buy near you) is the return procedure is usually much less complicated than going through an online return. I just decided to take the risk and attempt to save $20.

Also, on most APC UPS devices, if you're using Windows, they come with a USB cord and software that will automatically shut down your computer during a power outage even if you're not at the controls.

If you get a UPS, it's probably best to plug it in and let it fully charge the battery for 24 hours before putting it into service.

In addition to what SS said, you either get a CD (or DVD) with the latest version of the APC Power Chute Personal Edition software that interfaces with your UPS to test it and will shut down your system in a controlled manner if the need arises.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-11-2012 12:18 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Cooooool. I think I will get the same one SS did. It seems to be popular with the research I have done.

Got the puter to recognize and download the data from the oximeter. I did not have a good night last night. O2 went to 84 several times. It must have come off at one point because there's an hour of blankness. I had the alarm off due to threats.
04-11-2012 12:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(04-11-2012 12:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Cooooool. I think I will get the same one SS did. It seems to be popular with the research I have done.

Got the puter to recognize and download the data from the oximeter. I did not have a good night last night. O2 went to 84 several times. It must have come off at one point because there's an hour of blankness. I had the alarm off due to threats.

my o2 stays mostly above 95 but not below 90 during sleep using cpap. my wife's on the other hand is dipping down to 80 several times, pretty much the same over several nights. she has used it more than me. we see the new primary care doc next week and are going to request a professional o2 overnight study to verify or rule out her stats on this thing. i hope this machine or something about how she is wearing it is wrong because the thought and cost of an o2 generator is not encouraging.

there is a default limit in the oximeter so you may consider dropping it below 84 to see if your are going lower than that. i forget what the default was. it may be 84. mine was set by me to 80 so i am going to lower it.

if it went straight to 84 and otherwise stayed above 88 it probably was from it coming off. my wife's is going to all different points, indicating that it may be correct. mine went to 80 when i switched fingers in the nite. you can see that by expanding the graph at the low point and seeing the little break in the o2 and pulse lines.

edit: oops talked too soon. i think it was alarm i was setting to 80. the oximeter may not show lower than 80. i'm corn-fused.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 02:18 PM by greatunclebill.)
04-11-2012 02:13 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Got the UPS this afternoon. Then ventured Under The Desk to unplug everything. Boy howdee did we have a time getting those plugs in! Holy cow!

But, there it is. All done.

Thanks for the help! Now, to clean up the mess I made.....
04-11-2012 06:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Gross Sudden computer shutdown DeepBreathing 26 650 11-28-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Computer Monitor Linearity surferdude2 6 256 10-31-2016 03:21 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Need computer help......... GrammaBear 33 2,194 01-14-2016 03:54 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Ghost Computer Drives PaytonA 3 626 07-12-2015 09:35 PM