Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comtec CSM50F v3.9 not importing properly to Sleepyhead
Comtec CSM50F v3.9 not importing properly to Sleepyhead
I bought a Comtec CSM50F v3.9 from Amazon... it all seems to work mostly okay, except for the following problems:

When I import into sleepyhead, there is a bunch of extraneous data that stretches out for days.  I'm not sure any of it is true, but it does appear to be genuine pulseox data, which is much more than I've actually recorded, which makes me think perhaps someone else used the unit before I got it.

I've tried importing both with the timestamps from the Contect (which does have a clock that is close to right) and with a manual imported time.  The former works the best, the latter gives me a crazy list of import times, perhaps a time zone synchronization problem.

The Pulse OX assistant from Contect (v3.0.4) seems to work fine for the most part.  It gives me a list of stored sessions to import, which seem to work fine.  However, any attempt to delete data or reset the machine fails with an error message.

If I store the Pulse Ox assistant and subsequently try to import it into sleepyhead, sleepyhead says it does not recognize the data format.

My best guess is that Contec made format changes for v3.9 software, which sleepyhead is not yet able to deal with.  I notice that sleepyhead has two different options for CSM50F, one for 3.7 and greater, which is what gets auto-selected.  The other choice does not work either.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comtec CSM50F v3.9 not importing properly to Sleepyhead
sorry for the typos on Contec vs. Comtec vs Contect... the edit button does not seem to be working for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try importing the .SpO2 file you downloaded using SpO2 Assistant. You will need to move the file from the folder the Assailant saves it to. This is a protected folder and won't allow SleepyHead to import it from that location.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm... that seemed like it might work, although one extra inconvenient step.

However, SpO2 assistant seems to save data in the Program files (x86)/SpO2 Assistant 3.0.4/data directory, which truly does seem to be magical, because I can't find any contents using File Manager or Windows PowerShell.... I've tried using properties to check/change its attributes, to no avail. It seems to be a real directory when browsing under SpO2 assistant, yet if I use that to try to copy the file to the desktop it says file does not exist. When I look at it otherwise, it is an empty directory.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a protected directory... is that a Windows file attribute? Perhaps there is some secret invisible character embedded in the filename?

When I search for the filenames that appear in it with file manager, it does not find them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never mind, I finally found the secret Data directory under C:/users/myname/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/SpO2 Assistant V3.0.4\Data

I will try this method of importing into Sleepyhead later after I gather a fresh night of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2018, 10:49 PM)cstrouss Wrote: Hmmm...  that seemed like it might work, although one extra inconvenient step.

However, SpO2 assistant seems to save data in the Program files (x86)/SpO2 Assistant 3.0.4/data directory, which truly does seem to be magical, because I can't find any contents using File Manager or Windows PowerShell.... I've tried using properties to check/change its attributes, to no avail.  It seems to be a real directory when browsing under SpO2 assistant, yet if I use that to try to copy the file to the desktop it says file does not exist.  When I look at it otherwise, it is an empty directory.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a protected directory... is that a Windows file attribute? Perhaps there is some secret invisible character embedded in the filename?

When I search for the filenames that appear in it with file manager, it does not find them.

The easiest fix for the above is to uninstall Sp O2 assistant then to reinstall in a custom directory I have mine in C:\SpO2 that way the imported files are in C:\SpO2\data and the you can import directly into sleepyhead with no restrictions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 138 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 369 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 364 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,102 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.