Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask harness pain
Mask harness pain
I have a Respironics Fit Life full face mask. Works better than anything I have tried. Only downside; harness needs to be so tight to avoid leaks that it hurts the back of my head. Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask harness pain
Hi Ganzster,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The only thing I can think of, is that you might loosen the headgear a bit, but it sounds like you've already tried that.
Hang in there for other more helpful suggestions.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Never really heard about harness hurting BACK of head; usually face, it being more sensitive. There are some products you can use to help seal the mask surface between mask and face. Also, I have found I have to wash my face every night, as well as mask cushion, prior to turning in. Hope this helps, some.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 10:56 AM)Ganzster Wrote: I have a Respironics Fit Life full face mask. Works better than anything I have tried. Only downside; harness needs to be so tight to avoid leaks that it hurts the back of my head. Any advice?

Hi Ganzster,
The straps should not be so tight as to cause discomfort. Have you tried mask liners to use with this mask?
I think this mask comes in three sizes. We're you fitted properly, could the mask be too large?
Good luck......I have been looking at this mask for myself because it would equalize the pressure across entire face and relieve air being blown into eye area.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 10:56 AM)Ganzster Wrote: I have a Respironics Fit Life full face mask. Works better than anything I have tried. Only downside; harness needs to be so tight to avoid leaks that it hurts the back of my head. Any advice?
Mask ought be fit just right, not too tight or too loose and importantly not to hurt you. Anything cause you discomfort, you're not going use it for long. Its better to have some leak than some discomfort, your machine would tell you if you're having large leaks problems

Try another mask and another .... until you come across the right one
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Many OA's and neck/shoulder pain sfgiants123 2 94 Yesterday, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,095 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 208 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 367 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 433 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 488 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Hip pain when waking up? rpierce 7 1,182 08-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.