Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Concerned -- please help
RE: Concerned -- please help
I try not to throw too many acronyms at new members. Here is a link to help http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tom,
You're in the right place.
I've been on CPAP since '12.
I'd go with SleepRider's advice.

First nights can be hard, hang in there!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and good luck.

There is really no magic timeframe that you always have to wait through to feel good. Some of the changes are gradual, and some just seem to appear overnight. After about 3 weeks of therapy, I suddenly found myself feeling exhilarated and a little like I wanted to skip. so, I did, and giggled a little too. That was a good day. (only joy in the prior 5 years was .... oh yeah, none) It's nice to be out of the hole.

There is also no AHI number where you feel good. [My AHI index ranged from 6 to 14 during those first weeks, I have never been significantly under 5, and it has been 8 months. A recent 21 day period, my AHI averaged to 4.32, my lowest was 2.44.]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
...as they say, your mileage may vary.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2015, 08:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I try not to throw too many acronyms at new members. Here is a link to help
Thanks! Great reference.

(07-29-2015, 09:38 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Hi Tom,
You're in the right place.
I've been on CPAP since '12.
I'd go with SleepRider's advice.

First nights can be hard, hang in there!
Thanks. It's been three nights now, and last night in particular was better in terms of getting used to the mask the forced air.

(07-30-2015, 05:03 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: Welcome and good luck.

There is really no magic timeframe that you always have to wait through to feel good. Some of the changes are gradual, and some just seem to appear overnight. After about 3 weeks of therapy, I suddenly found myself feeling exhilarated and a little like I wanted to skip. so, I did, and giggled a little too. That was a good day. (only joy in the prior 5 years was .... oh yeah, none) It's nice to be out of the hole.

There is also no AHI number where you feel good. [My AHI index ranged from 6 to 14 during those first weeks, I have never been significantly under 5, and it has been 8 months. A recent 21 day period, my AHI averaged to 4.32, my lowest was 2.44.]

QAL
Thanks -- I'm looking forward to wanting to skip and giggle! :-) My AHI has improved from the first night of 9.49 to 8.02 and 5.06 last night. Fingers crossed the general trend will continue...

(07-30-2015, 06:24 PM)Shastzi Wrote: ...as they say, your mileage may vary.

Smile
Indeed, Shastzi! Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
An update: I had to take a few days off, because my nose mask (the F&P Eson) was aggravating the bridge of my nose. After healing, I got a new mask, the Nuance Pro, and slept last night with it, and got an AHI of 3.81! Fingers crossed my AHI will continue at a level of under 5. I'll post back before too long and provide an update.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask liners can help with that. Try not to over-tighten. The mask should seal with a relatively light touch, and if it doesn't, move on to the next one. Sores are not a good look.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Should I Be Concerned? breathingeasy 4 364 01-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,224 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk
  UARS - Concerned about flow limitations - where to go from here?? jekettex 13 1,101 10-05-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Concerned with the Leak Rate lazytower 4 763 07-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: zynsa
  Should I be concerned with this type pattern adrift 14 1,319 05-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: adrift
  New user - concerned I’m getting screwed Hoosier1857 7 800 04-19-2023, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.