Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Concerns about sleep and health
Concerns about sleep and health
Hi all,

My girlfriend recently brought it to my attention that I wake myself up a lot in the night after spells of loud snoring or very little breathing. She said that it might be sleep Apnea.

I broke my nose three years ago and since then have had problems breathing through my right nostrel after they operated on my nose. Since the end of last year I have been having problems with chest pain every so often, mainly when I havent been sleeping well. I feel that my athletic ability has reduced since all this, I ran a marathon last fall and since then soccer and running seems to be a bigger struggle.

I definitely feel tired most days but dont notice that I have had a bad sleep.

Just wondering could this all be caused by sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Concerns about sleep and health
(07-20-2016, 07:14 AM)joepodz Wrote: Just wondering could this all be caused by sleep apnea?
Sleep study can confirm that or otherwise, also talk to the doctor about chest pain

Here is a useful video presentation about sleep disordered breathing http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...hing_(SDB)

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

yes, both the chest pain and the reported gasping bear investigation. They can be related, btw.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi joepodz,
WELCOME! to the forum.
You should check into this with your doc, arrange to get a sleep study to find out what's going on with your sleep.
I wish you good luck.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What seems to me to be really really important is that things have changed. You are not your normal self. It's time to get medical help. Athletic fit people can and do get sleep apnea. Your symptoms suggest it, but without a proper diagnosis they don't prove it. Time to do some running to get medical help. Don't delay because it might be something that will get worse quickly and yet is easily treatable if you get help in time. It might not be. I would not take that chance.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 162 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 286 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 440 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,318 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 358 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.