Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Easylife
Humidifier: Icon
CPAP Pressure: 15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Condensation
Is it normal to have some condensation in mask??? Or should it stay dry. Lately i been having some codensation in my mask no matter whether i use my full or nasal. Hose is always dry.
06-15-2015 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: Condensation
If the surrounding air is colder than the air in the hose, you get condensation. You can fix it by adding a cozy to your hose. You can either buy something readymade or buy some polar fleece and make your own. 2 yards of fabric should make a complete hoses without any sewing. Use the leftover to handsew a squishy pillow. You can use cheapo velcro to tie the ends on the hose ends to keep it on or black elastic hand sewed on. Don't make it too tight - you are just trying to keep the hose on. You don't want it to crack. I bought some cute kitty paws in red for mine.

To see some examples, just do a google search for CPAP hose snuggle or cozy and add the word IMAGE to your search.

New machines resolve this problem with heated hoses.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 04:23 PM by Mosquitobait.)
06-15-2015 04:19 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Condensation
(06-15-2015 03:38 PM)Tommy012175 Wrote:  Is it normal to have some condensation in mask??? Or should it stay dry. Lately i been having some codensation in my mask no matter whether i use my full or nasal. Hose is always dry.

If you are truly getting condensation in the mask and none at all in the hose, it is probably condensing from your exhaled air. In this case a hose cozy might help some by keeping the air coming from the CPAP warmer and possibly heating the mask a little more. Turning the humidity down from your humidifier might also help some if it does not cause other problems for you. Rigging a mask cozy would help but you would need to be very careful to ensure that it would never obstruct the mask vent. Covering your head with the bed covers could do the same thing. Big Grin Some folks like to sleep that way and with the CPAP you can still be breathing air from the room.

The best solution may be the heated hose option, if it is available for your machine (I do not remember what machine you have). By heating the air going into the mask you can heat the inner surfaces of the mask some and reduce or eliminate the condensation.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
06-15-2015 05:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Airfit P10 - condensation collects on exhale ports Possum 7 396 11-02-2016 02:54 PM
Last Post: Possum
Question condensation problem yywei924 11 4,370 09-12-2016 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Wink [Equipment] stopping tube condensation SCnoel 7 1,086 12-05-2015 12:42 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  Condensation wasicu36 11 1,102 11-27-2015 05:18 PM
Last Post: wasicu36
Question [Equipment] AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation nelamvr6 6 985 11-17-2015 08:22 PM
Last Post: nelamvr6
  stop condensation Apneaboy 6 1,308 07-07-2015 06:58 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  Condensation such a pain SuperSleeper 32 11,029 03-20-2012 10:46 AM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher