Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Condensation & clicking in AirTouch F20 Mask
Condensation & clicking in AirTouch F20 Mask
This is probably an easy fix. I am using AirTouch F20 mask. I woke up to clicking and a lot of condensation inside my mask. I have the tube temp at 71 degrees and Humidity at 4. Using these settings, no dry mouth and I like the cooler temperature. What you do I need to do to fix the clicking and condensation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Condensation & clicking in AirTouch F20 Mask
There are several ways . One is to use the heated hose, or 2 is to wrap the hose with a hose snugle or towel or something, 3 is hang the hose above you head. The problem your are having is callled rain out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, I bought a Tubing Wrap for AirSense™ 10, AirCurve™ 10, and S9 Series SlimLine™ Tubing from Supplier #1. Will this work?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try raising the tube temp by 1 degree. I've found that even 1 degree more of tube temp can make a difference in condensation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I will try this change tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi disnynerd,
The hose cover you got should work. Another thing, try not to go over the fill mark in your humidifier tank, sometimes that can cause a gurgling noise in your hose.
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know how you are doing. I know they say the mask should not be submerged for cleaning, and I suspect the foam also does not like a lot of water during use. So far I am doing ok without water buildup in my mask but my humidity requirements seem to be a lot lower. a setting of one works for me but I cannot cope without it. I love the new mask and I seem to be getting better over time. I believe now it is the only mask that I can safely use.  I have never seen a mask that I have had to change my pressures so much as the change to the Air touch f20 however. I started at 18.4 and 12 now I am at 17.6 and 13.0 and still adjusting. But my AHI's are very good lately at about 1.5 per hour. This keep changing and I may soon be back in cpap territory.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am doing well. This morning, I woke up with again with severe dry mouth and a headache. My settings are at 72 temp and 4 humidity. The water reservoir is almost empty with that setting. It seems like the water reservoir is smaller on the aircurve 10 than my old S9. Is this true? I have not changed my settings since my last screen grab.

I also received an email from my RT and it was asking if I changed my settings on my machine from what was prescribed. She knows I have. Am I not allowed to change the settings?

I do love the mask. So much better than my Quattro FX.
Post Reply Post Reply
My dr. dose not seem to mind. Post your data so we can see it. Then you can also take the recored date to the dr. and show them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 612 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 171 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 466 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,104 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal
  Clicking noise from ResMed Airsense10Autoset Sleep2Snore 14 14,357 07-26-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.