Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Condensation in nasal mask only...help!
Condensation in nasal mask only...help!
I am not experiencing rainout from my heated tube, except when I turn the humidity real high, it is from my exhaled breath into my N20 nasal mask. There are no droplets in the tube, just the mask. What can I do to stop this? I need a cool bedroom to sleep comfortably, my resmed humidity settings must be at a minimum of 4 out of 8, preferably 5 in order to stave off congestion and a bloody nose. I understand that the condensation is forming from my warm breath exhaling and the cool room temp on the outside of the mask is responsible. Is there a way to insulate the outside of the mask, or perhaps something for the inside to soak up the condensation so it doesn't keep me up all night? The other style masks are a no-go for multiple reasons. This has to be happening to others. What can I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Condensation in nasal mask only...help!
I'm quite new so take everything I say with a grain of salt.  I use the N20 as well.  On the auto settings I was getting significant condensation in the mask.  It would eventually get uncomfortable or drop on me and wake me up.  I guess that's rainout.  

I lowered humidity to 3, which sounds like you can't do.  But I also increased the tube temp and that helped a bit.  Maybe trying it at 82 or even 84 would help.  I did get a reduction in condensation when I went to 82 and I haven't tried 84.  For me 82 and humidity 3 worked and I went to humidity 3 and temp 80 and it still worked fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Yes, the auto settings have been pretty terrible for me, so I have it set manual humidity 4 and tube temp 82. Maybe I will max it out, but I have tried like every combination and nothing works. I looked into the cloth masks since there would be no drips, but I read those are a nightmare with mask leaks...
Post Reply Post Reply
idk anything about your mask but when I start getting moisture on my face and in my p10 nasal pillow mask it's a sign the mask vents need to be cleaned.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
The Snuggle Skins fleece tube cover can really increase comfort and keep the air warmer to your mask. If you are getting condensation in the mask then your room air is probably quite cool. You can insulate the mask by fashioning a cover, pulling blankets over your mask or using a solution from Supplier #31, Padacheek, who makes insulating covers and comfort parts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will look into that. I also noticed that my heated tube is apparently not maintaining its heat throughout the night. I have a replacement on the way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 993 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 167 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,254 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,372 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 410 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 537 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 423 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.