Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Condensation such a pain
RE: Condensation such a pain
ksjosker Wrote:I love my new fisher and Paykel ICON with a heated hose!! No more waking up in the middle of the night choking because I just inhaled water!!

polly Wrote:Mine does have a heated hose but the condensation is in the mask from my breath not in the hose. The mask is so small since its just the nasal one I cant really cover it without blocking the air escape holes.

I wont be getting a space heater as we already have a heat pump up the bedroom end of the house and I cant close our door as we will soon have a new born baby. We are just going to keep using the heat pump which has fixed the problem :-D
Post Reply Post Reply
johnomg Wrote:Hi All,

Just in response to ksjosker, I have a F&P Icon Auto with a heated hose and still have problems with Rainout when the bedroom is cold, like Polly the water builds up in the mask from my breathe.

My supplier did show me some thin cloth pads that were suppose to fit over the mask (not blocking the vent holes) and stop the condensation, sadly they couldn't figure out how to get it on the Mask neatly so I passed on buying it.

The main reason I take my mask off in the middle of the night is the fear of drowning in my sleep, a nose full of water (I have a nasla mask) is not the most pleasant way to wake up.

Cheers
John
Post Reply Post Reply
The way I have my hose I dont bother if I get rain-out or not as it just collects in my hose and never reaches my maskSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Hip pain when waking up? rpierce 7 1,096 08-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 511 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.