Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going through my first cold on CPAP
RE: Going through my first cold on CPAP
Things are not always what you might expect. For the second night with a cold, cough, congestion and light fever. I'm ready for this to go away already, but Sleepyhead likes it. It's interesting to see what coughs, sneezes and throat clearing looks like on the flow chart. Even without being zoomed you can see sharp inspiration spikes before a cough.

[Image: UxzWH59l.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2016, 08:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: Most of the time I used a nasal mask and running at higher pressures (18 cmH2O) would just open things up.
When that didn't work I'd use an old FFM. I feel that every CPAPer should have a backup FFM for use when other methods do not work.

Fred

How do you manage to get a backup mask? You need a script now just to buy one so how do you go about getting a backup if you don't have an old one that's different?
Post Reply Post Reply
Alot of us buy a second mask or backup mask online and pay for it ourselves.

You can check out some of the suppliers like Supplier #1 from the list above. Most let you try out for 30 days and return if you dont like it, minus the shipping.

You can even purchase one on Amazon without a script.

Normally with your DME/supplier, you would have to wait 3 to 6 months to get another mask.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips for continuing PAP through a cold Bostonsnow 4 530 07-28-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 592 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Cold-weather camping? tundranapper 4 870 05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  High pressures causing/worsening cold symptoms Chalkie 4 815 11-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  BiPAP advisable with a cold? BobbieM 10 1,226 06-16-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Using CPAP while fighting off a cold or flue AlwaysTired2018 5 874 09-02-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question When I snooze my alarm, wake up groggy and have high SpO2 100% with hands cold. MyronH 1 943 02-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.