Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Conflicting sleep study results. /Is 6 weeks an adequate CPAP trial?
RE: Conflicting sleep study results. /Is 6 weeks an adequate CPAP trial?
Ross--Just to give you a little insight into the faintly written info you posted, two manufacturers of what are, I believe, the most popular CPAP equipment lines are ResMed and Philips Respironics.
The notes you found seem to be a mixture of products from these two manufacturers. Remstar and Encore are equipment and software names from Respironics. Meanwhile, S9 is a model series by ResMed. That H5i is the model name for a heated humidifier by ResMed that works with ResMed's S9 machines.
Not sure if this helps any, other than to indicate it's certainly a mixed message, especially with some items lined out.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can tell which machine you have from the pictures
1- [Image: s9-reddot-feature.jpg] ResMed S9 and H5i humidifier
2- [Image: systemone_275x250.jpg] PRS1 560 and system one heated tube humidifier

1- ResMed S9
AutoSet and Elite, data capable machines
Escape and Escape Auto, Not data capable machines

2- PRS1 560 data capable machine
PRS1 560 (60 series) comes in two versions
* Basic heated humidifier comes with 60 watt power cord and standard 15mm tube

* Heated tube humidifier comes with 80 watt power cord and work with the heated tube

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2013, 02:16 PM)Ross Wrote: APAP 8-18CM/ HTD HUMID/MASK FIT

CPAP HNTT REMSTAR AUTO AFLEX
MODEL: DS560S
MANUF: RESPIRONICS

It looks like you'll be getting what's considered to be the best of the CPAP machines. Not only is it fully data capable, it'll also auto adjust itself to the right pressure.

This machine will collect data and we'll be able to tell from looking at that data the state of your treated sleep apnea.

You won't need to worry about the accuracy of those conflicting test results anymore.

You didn't mention how well you got on during that six weeks that you were on CPAP therapy. Were you able to sleep ok?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Conflicting sleep study results. /Is 6 weeks an adequate CPAP trial?
Do you currently have a CPAP machine or are you about to get one? Did anyone review the AHI readings and other data the machine records every night?

The dental appliance is often expensive with a low success rate.

Done properly, a 6 weeks trial is enough to tell you a lot about how well CPAP is working. Unfortunately, CPAP is usually not done well. The data the machine records is often ignored and not even collected. They give you the impression they're monitoring your progress, but all they look at is if you're using the machine because that's what insurance requires before they'll pay for it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
That ResMed S9 pictured by zonk looks like the main machine I had. But I think my experience was as archangle describes—“They give you the impression they're monitoring your progress, but all they look at is if you're using the machine because that's what insurance requires before they'll pay for it.”

I’ll have higher standards and expectations going forward. Thanks for the info.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2013, 12:22 PM)Ross Wrote: That ResMed S9 pictured by zonk looks like the main machine I had.

However, all S9 machines look the same, from the lowly Escape to the AutoSet to the VPAP Adapt. And they all work slightly differently to each other.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2013, 05:37 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 12:22 PM)Ross Wrote: That ResMed S9 pictured by zonk looks like the main machine I had.

However, all S9 machines look the same, from the lowly Escape to the AutoSet to the VPAP Adapt. And they all work slightly differently to each other.
Good point Ugly
Click on specification for comparison
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Edit: System One comparison guides
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....-guide.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine has "Autoset" right over the big power button. Cant miss it. Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2013, 08:02 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Mine has "Autoset" right over the big power button. Cant miss it. Wink

And when I trade in the blasted S9 Escape on March 20 (Bobby Orr's birthday) I'll make sure it has the AutoSet inscription. 11 more days. So close and yet so far. I know my RT will be slightly miffed when I remind her that I can set it up without her help. But since it won't cost me any additional expenses I'm sure she'll ignore that fact.
Post Reply Post Reply
There ya go, Sean. Don't take any wooden nickles from them!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 240 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.