Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Confused about sleep study results
RE: Confused about sleep study results
If you get one of the CMS pulse oximeters, check Supplier 19's web site for manuals. The pulse ox data can be a little difficult to upload and so far, I've only uploaded it to their software.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2017, 04:52 PM)ppca Wrote: My question about the accuracy of CMS50F was related to a few comments that I found on the web (some may have been here on this forum). I remember reading that someone claimed that it reports 7-8% lower oxygen numbers, than what they really are. That would be a lot, I certainly hope that is not your experience.

I found a Canadian supplier who sells this unit for $105 CAD. That would be about $80 US. I'm still hesitant, but maybe I should give it a try.

(1) Definitely not my experience. The greatest deviation I have seen between my professional pulseox and my CMS-50F is one point -- well within a rounding error. I would really be concerned if the deviation was 8% because that would make a 96 into an 88 or 89 which is big-time problematical.

(2)  Ask your vendor about their return policy. And, if you can swing it -- ask to visit your doc and have the nurse compare your new device with theirs (assuming they did not buy one of those finger cheapies from Radio-Shack or Sharper Image. 

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2017, 08:10 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: ...assuming they did not buy one of those finger cheapies from Radio-Shack or Sharper Image.

Lolabove

Thanks for your replies, guys.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 0 50 Yesterday, 01:18 PM
Last Post: nikkib9899
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 156 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 57 5,615 03-07-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 103 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.