Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Confused.... again
Confused.... again
F20 memory foam mask. Minimal leaks. Wear a cervical collar. Tried a Dr. Dakota but it works similarly to the collar. Extreme dry mouth. Recovery from the pain of inguinal hernia surgery.

Results:

My first 'bout' of sleep ends because of dry mouth or hernia pain. I turn off the machine and it reports 20 - 30 AHI. I manage to go back to sleep and by morning the average has come down in the range of 3 - 5 AHI. I don't do anything differently throughout the night.

Why is there always a burst of activity at the beginning of the night? From midnight on, usually, it looks like things are pretty good. 

Oscar graphs from the past two nights are attached. They have looked like that for the past ten days or so.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

PS. Strangely, I've been feeling pretty good         in the mornings and throughout the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confused.... again
That is the same chart twice but increase you EPR to 2 with eh goal of going to 3 to better manage your flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about the double chart post. At one point I had three attached!

Prior to this latest issue, I have been experimenting with EPR of 2 and 3, and not much changed.

But I will try 2 for awhile.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Renoir the only way I got rid of extreme dry mouth is with the ClimateLine Air hose set at 6 with a hose temp of 86F or 30C. I’m going to wrap the hose tonight because I still get just a wee bit of rainout on 6 but it’s the only setting that stops extreme dry mouth. Where your upper lip is stuck to your teeth and tongue feels like it’ll crack if you move it. 

That setting is giving me slightly more humidity than a setting of 8 using the slimline hose if I remember correctly. My furnace has a humidifier built into it but without those settings in this cold (in the northeast at least) my mouth is a desert

Edit:
The link to the humidity setting chart
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...sa_eng.pdf
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip.
I think I had seen one of your earlier posts on the subject.
As a result of that, I upped my humidity to 6 and the temperature to 83.
Maybe I can go higher still.
I am also adding a room humidifier to the mix tonight.
I also live in the northeast.
Post Reply Post Reply
You’re welcome, those 3 extra degrees should add just enough humidity to solve your problem. If not go higher but you will have to wrap the hose well to prevent rainout
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
What mask do you use?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
F20 full face mask with memory foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mouth breathe when you sleep? Mouth breathing doesn't humidify the air unlike nasal breathing.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I definitely mouth breathe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 291 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [CPAP] Confused with CPAP struggles and results dohm 4 356 02-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dohm
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Confused about CA's Julia63 12 716 12-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Confused interpreting sleep data SleepyMcDonald 4 525 11-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New and confused Retvet72 3 464 07-18-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  A little confused. David Clark 12 907 06-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.