Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autoset 90 percentile pressure vs. Titration study pressure
RE: Autoset 90 percentile pressure vs. Titration study pressure
(10-19-2017, 08:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: CDN, you are about to get outfitted with a "one-size fits all" solution.  Many of our Canadian members choose to simply forego the provincial subsidy and buy their own auto machine.  A number of good solutions have been discussed including X in the U.S. who sells new, open-box and gently used units, and X who ships internationally.  You may pay a bit more than your share under the health plan, but you will be free of the crap they will put you through.

Yep, definitely doing this when it comes time for replacement. Its just not worth the hassle
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2017, 09:34 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: From what you've written above I think you're doing everything right. If your pressure frequently bumps up against the maximum, you might want to set the max a bit higher to give it some headroom. At this stage, your main considerations are:

1) Is the AHI consistently low (definitely under five, but preferably as low as possible) and
2) Are you feeling rested and refreshed?

AHI reads consistently below 1, and even had five zeros in the last fifteen days. I'll bump up the max to see if it wants to go much higher, but I think I'm pretty dialed-in.

Rested and refreshed?, that's a though one. I actually notice very little difference. I didn't have any symptoms to begin with and only requested the study because the wife noticed I would stop breathing at night.

Had an AHI between 96 and 104 during the study (depending on position and sleep stage), so I'm assuming I got lucky and caught this early before it began to affect me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 07:54 PM)CDNHoser Wrote: Is there a reason that I would see such a difference between my titration study pressure and my autoset results?. When I review my data in sleepyhead I see that I often bump up against the 15 limit, and my average pressures range between 11 and 14.

The titration pressure of 10 is simply what they determined to be the minimum pressure needed to prevent obstructions, unless there are some other complicating factors. It could be positional, as in the pressure needed depends on the sleeping position. It could be that they didn't get enough data, perhaps because you didn't fall into a deep enough sleep for a long enough time. That's certainly understandable given all the wires and stuff connected to your body, and the fact that you're sleeping in unfamiliar and uncomfortable surroundings.

One thing you can do is set your pressure a little lower and see if the number of obstructive apneas or hypopneas goes up. If it does you are confirming that you do indeed need the higher pressure, and that your machine is correctly raising the pressure because it is indeed needed. And as long as you are tolerating it well that's where it needs to be.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 0 22 2 hours ago
Last Post: Fireboss
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 84 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 963 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 241 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.