Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Confused by pressures!
Confused by pressures!
So the last few weeks I’ve been experimenting with the pressures on my Resmed Airsense 10 Auto. It was originally set at the typical minimum 4 maximum 20 and I adjusted to minimum 8 maximum 15 in line with my pressure readings but I’ve taken my pressures right down to minimum 4 and maximum 7 and still get AHI readings under 1.0!! Last night as a trial I went back to standard settings of minimum 4 and maximum 20 and my 95% pressure reading overnight was....14.2!!!

I know without graphs etc it’s difficult to say if there’s anything else going on but this is bizarre!

My initial sleep study showed an AHI with APAP of 25!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confused by pressures!
APAP adjusts pressure based on flow limits and snores in an effort to prevent Obstructive Apneas and Hypopneas.
It's quite possible to have good AHI numbers but plenty of flow limits and snores(which cause the APAP algorithm to raise pressure).
Post Reply Post Reply
To add to Harrywr2s response. Lowering your minimum to a level that usually isn’t therapeutic for adults left you open to a lot of flow limitations right off the bat and as your pressure drops again down to non-therapeutic levels it opens the door once again to a lot a flow limitations which can raise your pressure quite high very quickly as I realized in the first weeks of my treatment. As soon as I raised my minimum to therapeutic levels the pressure variations dropped dramatically and it also stopped going as high as it was also. 4 to 5 cm lower
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
There may be positional issues such as chin tucking driving your pressure up some nights. As you said, it's hard to tell whats going on without more data (charts). Please post OSCAR daily charts organized as described in the links below.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 291 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,730 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  [CPAP] Confused with CPAP struggles and results dohm 4 356 02-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dohm
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 457 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.