Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting
Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting
I’ve been a cpap user for 20 years and moved from Respironics onto an airsense 11 in the last year or so. While on the airsense, I have worked with my doctor to float in a range between 14 and 20. My doctor sees the data remotely and suggests adjustments. To date, my only view of my data has been through the myAir app but I’m unable to find a way to see the details my doctor sees. For example- she can view a time series that correlates my ahi along with the pressures being pushed by my machine. Through that, she observed that even though I float between 14 and 20, my ahi is typically below 5 with a pressure of 17. I have jumped all through the myAir app to try seeing that. Is it there and I am missing it? I looked in the machine and it doesn’t have an as card installed so I know the data is being transmitted. How can I get the same detailed views she can see? I know I can put an as card in and view data through software but like I said, she’s able to see it w/o the card…Also, If I do go the card route, I am not sure whether that will discontinue the wireless data transmission.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting
Hi markcs ! - Welcome

Cellular and SD card data are totally separated. One does not affect the other. The MyAir app is a "feel-good" app only and doesn't provide any detailed information useful in optimizing your treatment. To obtain more data reporting on your AS11, look for the "Essentials" setting in the Clinician menu, and set it to "Plus".

If you download the free program, OSCAR, along with an SD card while you use the CPAP, you will obtain MUCH more information than what your doctor has access to. This will allow you to zoom all the way to a breath-by-breath view of your data.

If you decide to try this, you need to remember that you MUST have the SD card in the CPAP while it is in use. Otherwise, all you will only get summary data and not the detailed information. As far as the size of the SD card, a 4Gb is fine. You can use up to a 256Gb. Finding a 4Gb card is almost impossible nowadays, so look for one that is reasonably priced.

Finally, please review the links in my signature.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the AS11 the 'Patient View' replaces the 'Essentials' setting and it should be set to 'ALL'.

I don't know why they made it less cryptic...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2023, 12:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you download the free program, OSCAR, along with an SD card while you use the CPAP, you will obtain MUCH more information than what your doctor has access to.  

Do we know this to be true? CERTAINLY, OSCAR gives access to better data than what a patient can get out of MyAir, but have any of us seen the doctor-side interface to know if it's crummy as well?

Since "getting data from the cloud" is supposed to replace "getting data from the SD card" (to the point where they're not even including SD cards any more) for providers, that doctors would not have accepted such a massive drop in granularity or data quality.  My gut tells me that the doctor-side interface has to have at least the same level of data-granularity as the tools they were using to read the SD cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar allows a breath by breath view with granularity unmatched by any cloud-based solution. Airview has good detail but is mostly averaged information that allows statistical review of respiratory data. I think doctors can request pieces of detailed data like Oscar provides, but their default detail reports are summary data. https://document.resmed.com/documents/ar...110635.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last page of that AirView deck seems to show a "Detailed Report" which has minute-by-minute breakdown rather than daily-average data or stuff like that.

Dunno. I guess it doesn't matter all that much, other than my idle curiosity about what the provider can actually obtain, and it seems that without being providers, we're limited to trying to tease that out of marketing-material decks. ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Minute by minute is useful, but we get second by second with Oscar which does reveal some useful information.  More important than what the doctor sees, is what he does with the data. Very few actually look at the Airview detail data and provide useful feedback to their patients.  Your doctor seems to be an exception to that, however do you understand the rationale for his recommendations, or have any curiosity is doing self-optimization?  If you are satisfied with being given optimization suggestions, and have no interest in the details, AirView is perfect for you, especially if you are comfortable and not experiencing, or being aware of any issues that need to be worked out. Oscar is there is you need it or want it. It's certainly your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
FROM 398230-AIRSENSE11-CG-AMER-ENG.pdf

SD card is recorded every 2 seconds vs. once per minute to Airview.

OSCAR presents far more detailed data in any case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, let me be clear: I'm a OSCAR user and love it. :-)

I just wish I knew (beyond our external speculation and extrapolation) what level of detailed data doctors actually had available from the ResMed cloud.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's fair to say the most critical thing they don't have is the very high resolution data. Your flow rate is actually based on 25 measurements per second and so you can see the actual shape of each breath and observe arousals. When that data is summarized, variable or periodic breathing will disappear and flow limits are invisible.  No wonder doctors are so unaware of the issues that affect so many users.  What they do see is the distribution of events and changes in respiratory volume, rate, inspiration time etc that are averaged in minute intervals. When we look at Oscar we first look at the full-night. Your doctor sees that as well and that can be used to answer most questions. it's when we really zoom into a problem that we start to see things like double inspiratory peaks, flattened inspiration, palatal prolapse, periodic breathing and how events initiate.  Most of the time, we don't even ask for that view, but that is where Oscar is really special and offers a medical grade respiratory trace and its mask pressure counter-part.

Here is a recent example of a very complex case.  How can a doctor help if he only sees the averaged information and can't see that each inspiration is obstructed into two or three peaks by some form of obstruction?  Statistically, this looks like high respiration rate, normal tidal volume, rate and flow, but it's clearly not. Do you notice how the machine has lost track of inspiration and expiration and is producing CPAP mask pressure? What do you think we could do for this individual with a bilevel, especially with inspiration timing controls?  https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...nd-posture

[Image: attachment.php?aid=53491]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=53627]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 160 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 301 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 354 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,719 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 578 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 511 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,116 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.