Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Confused
Confused
Good afternoon board,
I usually keep my CAs down to about 1.5  and my hypopnias about the same for a total of around 3 per hour average.  My hypopnias have never been more than 10.  It is extremely rare for me to have any OAs.  However, sometimes my CAs spike to 11.  When I have a big meeting the next day my Dr. prescribed a small dose of klonopin (.5 mg) to help me sleep.  This really helps and knocks my CAs down to .2 per hour.  I am very careful with the Klonopin and only use it on nights before important meetings and to break the cycle of when my CAs spike.  Monthly average is a about 3 CAs and Hypopnias total.  I feel that many of my CAs are restless sleep.  I realize that I cannot use klonopin every night as it will become ineffective and habit forming.  I thinking about CBD oild before bed - Any ideas?
Thanks - Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confused
It's worth a try I guess. I tried it and it had no effect, good or bad, so I stopped. It's too expensive to be ineffective. But I have heard others say it helps them sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Straight CBD didn’t work for me, although the pain cream with CBD did it’s job just fine. I live in a legalized pot state, and found the edibles that contained both THC and CBD worked well for helping fall asleep easily
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for your replies.  I try and keep my sleep very regular but it is something of a catch 22.   I go to bed at the same time and awake at the same time but if I had a previous nights good sleep, I have trouble falling asleep and toss and turn.  I am going to try the CBD oil and going to bed only when I am tired.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 11 235 04-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [CPAP] New to cpap, lost and confused Sophia 4 126 04-08-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 333 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [CPAP] Confused with CPAP struggles and results dohm 4 397 02-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dohm
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,142 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Confused about CA's Julia63 12 776 12-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Confused interpreting sleep data SleepyMcDonald 4 542 11-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.