Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Confusing night last night
RE: Confusing night last night
This might sound stupid but try training your tongue to stay to the roof of your mouth, during the day when your awake and not really doing anything like talking try keeping the tongue to the top of mouth like your going to snap your tongue but just leave it there.
The only reason I say this is when I started cpap I found once and awhile I would wake myself with the Vacuum noise,(I'm a good nose breather to begin with) so during the daytime I would make a effort to breath through my nose with my tongue to the roof of my mouth.
Anyway I don't have the problem with the vacuum waking me anymore, I realize everyone is different but anything worth a try to avoid the chinstrap, just and idea.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confusing night last night
The trick I use to prevent mouth breathing is to make a point of pushing my tongue to the roof of my mouth when I put the mask on and start

The last conscious thought before sleeping is to keep my tongue to be in the roof of my mouth, and as I sleep that 'sticks' in my mind and the mouth breathing is now not an issue.

Try it as it won't cause any harm but may be the route to being able to use nasal pillows successful.

Good luck
D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 138 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,365 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Middle of the night wakeup SteveC 1 122 04-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 126 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 232 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  first night stanleyv28 9 347 03-31-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stanleyv28
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 338 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.