Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part?
RE: Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part?
Can you confirm that this motor would work in the aircurve 10 vauto?  My machine started making a whirring noise so I recently purchased a used, low hour replacement machine but it sounds like it is leaking air inside the machine,  but with no sign of an external air leak. So I wouldn't mind having a backup to my current machine in case something happens.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The replacement motors sold on Amazon and AliExpress will work in all Airsense and Aircurve 10 machines, and all S9 models. If you're not comfortable with doing the repair yourself, you can buy a motor replacement service from Supplier #28 for $220 plus cost of shipping. That service includes resetting the hours to zero, and you can buy additional services like new seals for $20 or a full inspection, cleaning and calibration for another $20. I recently serviced my Aircurve 10 Vauto with over 23,000 hours at Advans CPAP and the result was a like-new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a disassembly of my old machine this morning, it seems like a fairly simple repair, but the extra services would be nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of people have done the DIY approach. It's about half the price. Advans is using OEM parts and is an authorized Resmed repair facility, so you get a warranty. Not sure how long it lasts, and I don't expect to need it. Either way, you will be happier with the quiet motor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 46 58 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 88 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 221 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 16,991 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,036 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 343 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.