Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Congress and the "doc fix" Bill
Congress has passed another doc fix bill for Medicare. Nothing new; as they have done this 17 times before. The formula used to calculate Medicare reimbursement to doctors does not keep up with other economic factors. So, they pass a doc fix Bill.

I'm all for doctors getting fair compensation to care for Medicare beneficiaries.

Every year, the means testing for Medicare gets lowered. Well, not an issue for me; but for some it is.

Here's the bite. Apparently, the average person who uses a Medigap plan is going to get bit by the 2015 doc fix Bill.

Sharpen your pitch forks and heat the tar folks! They want us older folks dead!
This Veteran is medicated for your protection.
Post Reply Post Reply
Older folks aren't the only ones who use Medicare. People with disabilities, including children, also have Medicare.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2015, 02:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Older folks aren't the only ones who use Medicare. People with disabilities, including children, also have Medicare.

True. Didn't intend to omit them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Just make sure to leave a path for those of us who need more room for our pitchforks. And to make a ramp for the chopping block in case the ax man uses a chair. Wink
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is not only going to hit seniors with high incomes, but also those with $40k and under, especially those with Medigap policies, according to some reports.

I'm not sure the implications for Medigap increases have yet been calculated. I would hope that there will soon be something online that will indicate the increase that we'll have to pay.

Article from The Fiscal Times about Medicare increases for seniors

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2015, 07:08 PM)AirSign Wrote: This is not only going to hit seniors with high incomes, but also those with $40k and under, especially those with Medigap policies, according to some reports.

I'm not sure the implications for Medigap increases have yet been calculated. I would hope that there will soon be something online that will indicate the increase that we'll have to pay.

Article from The Fiscal Times about Medicare increases for seniors

Exactly where it's going to hit me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill's 1958 Cadillac justMongo 9 2,299 07-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Thegirls