Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Connection Problems with MyAir
Connection Problems with MyAir
I have a Resmed Airsense 10. I just got it. I get only one bar of reception next to my bed. Somehow the first night I used it, the data got to myAir website. Last night's data hasn't made it yet. Even though the machine has to go next to my bed, I tried it in other locations and it never went higher than one bar. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Connection Problems
We also have poor signal here. I've found that it eventually works.

The important thing is to have an SD card installed. This will capture your detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just talked to a service guy and I realized I had to leave the machine plugged in to send the data.  I unplugged it as soon as I got up. How do I get an SD card installed. Would this be a backup in case the connection doesn't work?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a different machine than you, but there should be a little door on the side of your device. If you open that door, it contains an SD card slot. There may already be an SD card inside of the slot (mine came with one).

SD cards are readily available at places like Walmart or Walgreens. Anyplace that carries camera batteries should have them. (my husband always does this stuff, so my knowledge is limited)

The SD card allows very detailed records to be recorded each night. Otherwise, the machine retains some limited overview-type data (someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be able to tell you exactly what that would be).

If you go to the wiki at the top of the page, there is information about a free software program called SleepyHead which allows you to view those detailed records. You can even post images here and the more knowledgeable people can help identify problems or make recommendations to help finetune your therapy so that it is as effective as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh! And it is very important for the SD card to be unlocked (there is a little tab that slides to a locked or unlocked position).

Your device will only be able to write to the SD card if it is unlocked.
Post Reply Post Reply
kiwii has it right. I believe all our ResMed 10 devices will have a rubber like door on the top left side that covers an SD card slot. Just install one with the label facing you and the white lock tab on the top edge. Make sure the lock tab is slid towards unlock before installing. It needs to be an SD size, with a maximum data capacity of 32 GB.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go to Amazon and type in SD Card and you can see what it is.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2018, 11:49 AM)larryslade66 Wrote: I have a Resmed Airsense 10. I just got it. I get only one bar of reception next to my bed. Somehow the first night I used it, the data got to myAir website. Last night's data hasn't made it yet. Even though the machine has to go next to my bed, I tried it in other locations and it never went higher than one bar. Thanks

Even with a very good connection, the AirSense 10 seems to be pretty slow "getting around to it"; mine always takes at least an hour before it uploads. And the MyAir Website may have the same work ethic; its feedback is hours behind.

Before rushing out to get an SDHC data card, check the machine; there's probably a card already in it. As SarcasticDave94 says, it would be behind the little rubber flap on the left end of the unit. (Mine is difficult to open; the button seems to have no purpose other than something to hook a fingernail under -- and the latch may be greater than the fingernail!)
Post Reply Post Reply
How much data can an SD card hold?  Would it be something I would bring to the doctor?  There is a door on the left side that has a slot about 5/8 inches wide. There's nothing in it. Is this the SD slot?
Post Reply Post Reply
The cover on my machine actually has "SD" emblazoned on the outside of it.

There are probably 2 'slots' on your machine. The upper door should be the SD slot (very thin). The lower door is more like a place for something to plug in (wider; this would be for ResMed's oximeter to plug in).

Personally, I do take mine with me to the doctor. However they are mostly looking for the overall stats, which they can get through the clinician's side of MyAir.

edit: oops! I've seen 3 different sleep doctors, and they've each had different requirements. One insisted that I must bring in the entire machine.

I go with a laptop with sleepyhead if there is something in particular I want to show them and ask about. I always have the card, and only once the whole machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 92 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 165 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,544 04-19-2024, 04:05 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 376 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,235 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 256 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,957 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.