Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Connection Problems with MyAir
RE: Connection Problems with MyAir
I'm not sure I need an SD card. The lady that showed me how to work the machine never mentioned it. Also, a lot of people are saying I can get an SD card just about anywhere, CVS, Target , Walmart. I called those places and they had nothing to do with cpap machines. Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the photos. I can't get any supplies for my cpap for about a month and I want to buy some cleaning products, mask wipes, ...etc. I wanted to check with the community before I did anything. Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as cleaning products, A lot of us here use a liquid dish soap like Dawn or baby shampoo. . . nothing elaborate. You can buy an SD card at your drugstore or Walmart. Any size 2Gb or larger will work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW: for cleaning I go very cheap. Yes, I do clean the mask, heated hose, and humidifier tub despite any rumors that I do not. I keep it simple, very warm water and Dawn or equivalent dish soap. Light scrubbing via plastic human shower scrubby thingy for the mask, dedicated to task. Soak in suds for about a half hour and rinse. Air dry for a few hours while trying new coffees. Done.

And ANY SD card will be a good choice as long as it is not larger than 32 GB. It does have to be one you'll dedicate to CPAP use only though IMO. You don't want/or can't mix CPAP files with others. I can be corrected if I got this wrong.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2018, 11:56 AM)larryslade66 Wrote: I'm not sure I need an SD card. The lady that showed me how to work the machine never mentioned it.

If you want to monitor your own health, you will need it.

Quote:Also, a lot of people are saying I can get an SD card just about anywhere, CVS, Target , Walmart. I called those places and they had nothing to do with cpap machines.

SD cards are not specific to CPAP machines. They are simply data storage devices. You can get one anywhere electronic gear is sold.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only been using a cpap for a week and this site is great. A great sense of community. I remember reading somewhere that I shouldn't use anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid. You seem to be saying it's ok. Also, do you clean the water tank the same way?  I ordered some mask wipes and hose cleaning soap on Amazon today. It wasn't too expensive. What's your opinion of using them? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2018, 10:43 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 09:22 PM)larryslade66 Wrote: My resmed airsense 10 has SD on the left side. I can open the rubber panel on the bottom and it has a slot about 5/8" wide. The SD card can't be that small. I searched on Amazon for an SD card specific to my machine but no luck.

The SD is the label on the door. Notice the tiny blue tab on the front edge, at the bottom? I think that's supposed to be a door handle. It seems to be just a friction fit; I use my fingernail behind that little tab to pop the door open. The bottom door (very easy to open) is where the ResMed oximetric monitor plugs in.

You won't find a "ResMed" or "AirSense 10" SDHC card. Just ensure it's an HC, and 32 gig is the common size.

Hopefully these pics will help:
  Good job!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,500 11 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 113 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 358 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,206 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 236 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,946 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 442 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.