Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Consciously waking up while on CPAP
Consciously waking up while on CPAP
Complete noob at reading the data, but am trying to get some help as to why I'm consciously waking up still while using the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Last night I consciously woke up about 3 times, but it seems only 1 event was flagged in May 3rd's data as Obstructive. The other 2 times happened later than the event recorded. There was a bit of tightness in my throat when I did wake, but it did not feel as if I had a dry mouth. I did not wake up with a dry mouth either of the days. 

Last sleep study, I was diagnosed with OSA: Recording time of 232 minutes and analyzed sleep time of 228 minutes.  Average AHI 11.6.  With RDI 24.2.  Oxygen desaturation nadir is 86%.

Settings for both days:

Ramp Time: Auto
Humidity Level: 4
Mode: Autoset
Max Pressure: 15.0
Min Pressure: 5.0
Response: Standard
Start Pressure: 4.0
EPR: ON
EPR Level 3

Using Resmed Airfit P10. May 2nd data was using the Medium Nasal Pillows while May 3rd was with the XS Nasal Pillows. I am currently mouth taping as well. 

Looking for help as to why I still might be consciously waking up. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Consciously waking up while on CPAP
My Resmed Autosense APAP woke me every time the pressure changes and that was 30 or more times a night. I bought the Resmed Airstart CPAP and set it to 12.5 about a year or so ago. Now, I only wake up 5 or so times a night. It’s a lot better.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Consciously waking up while on CPAP
You could have set the minimum and maximum pressures to the same value on your APAP and saved money and tracked your therapy, as well... Big Grin

Your DME sure was working for his profit instead of your savings.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 108 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 387 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 208 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 451 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 313 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.