Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Very Difficult to be compliant my nasal pillow hurts the inside of my nose soo much
RE: Very Difficult to be compliant my nasal pillow hurts the inside of my nose soo much
WakemeupBeforeYouGoGo, 

I had the same issue with the Dreamwear nasal pillows. I switched to the Dreamwear nasal cushion, which sits under the nose. The difference was amazing. The irritation from the pillows settled down after a week or so. I am still using the Dreamwear nasal cushion, and it has been great!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very Difficult to be compliant my nasal pillow hurts the inside of my nose soo much
Since my previous posts, I've switched up to the P10  LARGE pillows.  Very little goes inside the nostril; and the pillow butts against the outside of my nose to keep it that way.  Plus, I get the volume of air I need. 

I've since compared the straps on the For Her kit and the regular kit.  For Her straps are a bit shorter (there's a post where I listed by how much, but I've forgotten the numbers now).  I use the For Her kit (regular is too big for me), with one strap 2" forward from the middle top of my head, and the other at the hairline near my neck.  It works well, with only rare uses of lanolin needed.

However, I am developing lots of leaks lately.  No, not the mask, as the doc thought.  My nasal passages are becoming more inflamed and clogged.  So I wake up to find that I'm mouth breathing, having not gotten enough air through the nose.  Sigh.  My body is only willing to "pull" just so hard, on the nose inhalations, and then it switches to mouth breathing.   It's too bad, cuz I have had 8-10 years of successful cpap use with no mouth breathing.   I'm still using it, but getting a lot of leak warnings.  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I can sure relate to your complaint! I tried very hard to use the Philips Respironics DreamWear gel pillows mask. Why do they even give these out to a person getting their CPAP for the first time? It was horrible-irritated my nose and upper lip, leaked, gave me sinus headaches. After two weeks, I went in for the first check-up. I was then given the ResMed N20 nasal mask. What a difference! After just one night with the new mask, I slept pretty well! Why didn't they give me this to begin with?! Insist on getting a different mask!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2018, 08:52 AM)OkToBe1 Wrote: What a difference! After just one night with the new mask, I slept pretty well! Why didn't they give me this to begin with?!

Because they had no way of knowing. It's mostly subjective and individual, so it's up to you to find the right mask. It's not at all like, for instance, custom orthotic insoles, which are made from impressions of the soles of your feet, or eyeglasses, where the prescription is based on objective vision tests and A/B lens tryouts.

Edited to add: It'll be useful eventually if you add the specific Airsense 10 model name to your profile/sidebar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 978 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 110 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 239 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,910 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 288 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,262 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,096 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.