Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Contec CMS 50F] Confusing Sp02 & pulse rate pattern - Bug?
[Contec CMS 50F] Confusing Sp02 & pulse rate pattern - Bug?
Hello guys,

I have been requesting my mum to check her Sp02 & pulse rate, hence she also bought a Contec CMS 50F and tried it yesterday night.

Attached is what came out, and the results look a bit confusing to me... Have you ever seen this pattern before?

The lowest oxygen saturation goes down to 89% during the drops. I told her to try again tonight and cut off Bluetooth/Wifi etc that could interfere in the bedroom, and we will see the results again tomorrow.

However she has run tests in the afternoon for like half an hour and everything was fine on Sleepyhead so... Any comments will be must appreciated ! 

Thanks

Thibault

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [Contec CMS 50F] Confusing Sp02 & pulse rate pattern - Bug?
Looks like the same oxygen drops I get when I have apneas. Does she use a CPAP machine? If so, would need to check the logs with sleep head software and see if she was having obstructions at night. My oxygen dips like that to 80% then right back up when your body momentarily wakes you to try to breathe again.

Notice how the heart rate jumps a little up after the oxygen dropped. That usually happens when someone has apneas. Your heart rate will rise to try and get more oxygen since you are suffocating basically. My heart rate does the same thing.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 15 38 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,216 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 114 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.