Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Contec 'CMS50D Plus' oximeter has normal flexible hinges?
Question 
Contec 'CMS50D Plus' oximeter has normal flexible hinges?
Recently I've bought a new 'Contec CMS50D Plus' pulse-oximeter. It has flexible hinges, that can dislocate like a snake's beak. That is presumably to adapt to the thickness of thumbs and large toes.

That pivot can dislocate with an internal metal spring, for almost 5 mms (0.18 inch) apart.

In that state, the black internal data-cable moves, and shows the four colors of its internal sub-cables. These colors are white, green, red and blue. That does not look very professional to me, for new medical equipment. Is that production-quality normal?

These four thin colored sub-cables looks somewhat vulnerable in that state, although they sit more or less internally in the oximeter.

That internal data-cable is visible in the small back-opening of the oximeter, where no finger is inserted.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contec 'CMS50D Plus' oximeter has normal flexible hinges?
I just got one of these. I'm not sure what you mean about "dislocate". Is that something happening when you use it normally? I don't want to force the hinge to check if mine does, but it's not obvious that it does.

I did try the recording feature overnight and it seemed to stop recording on its own even though the battery is still fine. So maybe these have quality issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2019, 03:03 PM)idlewire Wrote: I just got one of these. I'm not sure what you mean about "dislocate". Is that something happening when you use it normally? I don't want to force the hinge to check if mine does, but it's not obvious that it does.

I did try the recording feature overnight and it seemed to stop recording on its own even though the battery is still fine. So maybe these have quality issues.

The two parts of the oximeter come 5 mm apart at the pivot, if you pull them apart.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, I ended up returning mine. It just was giving unreliable readings (e.g. that my O2 was 84 when my other oximeter read 97, that my pulse rate was 66 when it was 110). In addition, I did a recording of data and spot-checked it at precise times, and the values recorded did not match my spot-check on the device itself. So I had no faith in it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,536 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,082 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 324 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 464 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 146 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 190 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 256 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.