Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Contec SpO2 meter went crazy
Contec SpO2 meter went crazy
How do I keep this from happening? I suppose it's due to bad connection to my finger?
The alarm never went off.

[attachment=12406]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contec SpO2 meter went crazy
Same thing happened last night, when I needed it. I woke up out of a dream or something, felt like I had low SpO2. Checked my Oximeter but it is just like the chart above, so i cant use it. My ResMed didn't report any CA or OA during this period. 

I'm not sure what other spo2 probes I could get that wouldn't have this issue and be compatible with Oscar.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
What model CMS-50 do you have?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2019, 07:45 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: What model CMS-50 do you have?

CMS-50F.  The blue color model. This is the second one I purchased. First one the band broke on it, and finger sensor started giving issues too. Do you know if the Bluetooth black color model, (Plus) is better? It supposedly has a different finger tip reader?

My main concern is I have occasional mornings where I feel oxygen deprived and left side of my chest has unusual tiredness. I'm having an Echo Stress Cardiogram on Thursday. 

But previous Echo I had never found anything. I'm thinking it could be residual blood clots going thru my heart or some type of occassional heart block or bad circulation at night. I'm on Xarelto for blood clots, due to past DVT/PE and Bystolic beta blocker.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2019, 06:51 AM)MyronH Wrote: Same thing happened last night, when I needed it. I woke up out of a dream or something, felt like I had low SpO2. Checked my Oximeter but it is just like the chart above, so i cant use it. My ResMed didn't report any CA or OA during this period. 

I'm not sure what other spo2 probes I could get that wouldn't have this issue and be compatible with Oscar.

There's always the somewhat more expensive option of buying the oximeter kit that connects directly to the xPAP machine. The easily found online price is ~$950 but there was a thread on here saying it's much less if you call supplier # 19, see http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-10-SERIES

If you do that it just imports into OSCAR along with your regular data, no extra oximetry import.

(note I'm referring to the ResMed one. I know there's one for DreamStation but haven't looked into that at all)
Post Reply Post Reply
That isn't right and may be faulty. The sensor will false read when bumped etc. Sit quietly recording while awake for an hour and see if it is the same. I have a cms50f and I don't see the large line drop more than a few time a night on oscar and is filtered in the CMS software. The unit would be under warranty if faulty.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2019, 12:25 PM)ajack Wrote: That isn't right and may be faulty. The sensor will false read when bumped etc. Sit quietly recording while awake for an hour and see if it is the same. I have a cms50f and I don't see the large line drop more than a few time a night on oscar and is filtered in the CMS software. The unit would be under warranty if faulty.

It still does it. The last unit I bought in June 2018, so it's just over a year old and no longer in warranty. And they say the probes have only 6month warranty. So I'm out of luck. I have not even used it very much. I don't use it every night. This morning I woke up not feeling well, and wanted to check my O2, and the graph was totally messed up again. I have been video recorded myself at night, and don't move my hand, so this isn't caused by movement. I had the alarm set to 90%, and it never went off, so I'm pretty sure those readings are totally false. There is no way my oxygen drops to 60% sharply like that multiple times in a row. That is totally incorrect.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 393 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 828 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,057 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 514 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.