Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Contec vs Innovo / CMS50F old vs new
Question 
Contec vs Innovo / CMS50F old vs new
I'm new to the PSO2 monitor side of apnea, and after a little research I'm confused about the available options.

I find multiple devices on Amazon called "CMS 50F" - an $89 unit from Contec and a $170 unit from Innovo. If I look at Innovo's website Commercial Link Removed they make it sound like this is an updated version of the Contec one or something, but I can't tell... is it the same company with a name change? Different company capitalizing on market confusion?

Also, I don't really need bluetooth, since my PC doesn't have it, and I don't mind downloading data in the morning. But some reviews make it sound like the Contec unit has quality control issues with the USB connections. The Innovo unit claims to be better manufactured, uses silicone and a better fitting finger monitor... but it also says you have to keep your finger very still.

I move around in my sleep... not a ton, but rolling from side to back to other side multiple times a night. I don't know how much of a problem this is going to be with either model.

Can anyone suggest a good resource for figuring out the best SPO2 monitor I can use with my CPAP (and maybe sleepyhead) to monitor events? I just need something accurate that won't fall off at night (so no fingertip only models) that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars.

Sorry for the rambling - I'm tired Smile

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contec vs Innovo / CMS50F old vs new
(09-28-2017, 07:43 PM)flibbidyfloo Wrote: Can anyone suggest a good resource for figuring out the best SPO2 monitor I can use with my CPAP (and maybe sleepyhead) to monitor events? I just need something accurate that won't fall off at night (so no fingertip only models) that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars.

Contact Kevin Cooper - Vendor #19 from the Suppliers List tab above. He is my go to guy on pulse ox units.

I have a CMS 50F and it appears to be sensitive to excessive motion and drops data, especially when I turn over in bed. The data disappears from the display and then is reestablished when I settle down.

I was wondering the same thing about the two companies and versions.

The only issues I had with USB were with the older software and Windows 10, so make sure you get the latest version. (I am using version 3.0.3 of SpO2 Assistant.)

For anyone with a Medtronic Reveal Linq monitor, Pacemaker, or Defibrillator that uses the beside monitoring system that connects to the read head with Bluetooth, active Bluetooth activity can interfere with the transmission -- so maintain the required distances.

Likewise, if you have a heart arrhythmia and are throwing PVCs and PACs, the heart rate as shown on the pulse-ox may be inaccurate due to algorithmic undersensing.

Please post your findings here as others may be interested in the results of your research.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 974 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,555 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 282 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 582 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  Software for a Contec CMS 50E pulse oximeter dschalk 3 1,191 05-25-2023, 10:57 AM
  SPO2 WRIST MONITOR CMS50F DanMcD 1 648 04-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Question Sp02 Assistant + CMS50F 2020 Questions JonUK 6 2,676 03-29-2023, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.