Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Contemplating selling my Phillip's Dreamstation to instead buy Resmed. Advice needed
RE: Contemplating selling my Phillip's Dreamstation to instead buy Resmed. Advice needed
I'm no CPAP authority or expert, but I have heard enough by now to know the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet is at the top of the food chain.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contemplating selling my Phillip's Dreamstation to instead buy Resmed. Advice needed
(02-01-2021, 01:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't know if there is any information still on the internet for the Airbreak project that described the flashing of the Airsense 10 to enable the function of all Airsense and Aircurve machines.  This project was done at the beginning of the pandemic to explore the feasibility of using existing CPAP machines as ventilators.  Once you have more than 20 posts and are a Preferred Member you can view threads on this subject in the COVID-19 forum.  Since other solutions have been found for ventilators this project has been dropped by the Airbreak developers.

My friend on a discord group hacked his very recently and said he could help. So I assume it's still possible to hack ?
Post Reply Post Reply
A slightly used VAUTO is 799 from Supplier #2.  I have bought 2 used machines from them. (one for myself and one for my son).  Mine had less than a month and his had less than one week.  These machines are warranted for 1 year.  That is about the same as you will pay for an autoset new.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 02:10 PM)staceyburke Wrote: A slightly used VAUTO is 799 from Supplier #2.  I have bought 2 used machines from them. (one for myself and one for my son).  Mine had less than a month and his had less than one week.  These machines are warranted for 1 year.  That is about the same as you will pay for an autoset new.

Thank you. 

I know a seller here in the UK who is offering £140 for a used Air sense 10 auto, 5000 hours of use. Reliable seller for 10+ years. 

If I bought that and hacked it into a BiPaP, i would essentially be getting a bipap for very cheap?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about the hack.  The VAUTO has pressure support up to 25 with .2 increase.  I would not think that the hack would achieve that.  And once it is hacked there would be no warranty.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 02:43 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I don't know about the hack.  The VAUTO has pressure support up to 25 with .2 increase.  I would not think that the hack would achieve that.  And once it is hacked there would be no warranty.

From what I know the hack does achieve this. I know the guy pretty well too and he reports on it every day in discord. It's not just him too it's a few of them.

He said the Phillip's one can't be hacked into bipap tho only resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moderator Note:

In the interest of possible legal issues involved with altering firmware code that falls under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), we limit discussion of this topic in the main forums. Any further discussion of this topic should take place on the websites or forums where this is allowed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 03:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Moderator Note:

In the interest of possible legal issues involved with altering firmware code that falls under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), we limit discussion of this topic in the main forums.  Any further discussion of this topic should take place on the websites or forums where this is allowed.

Ok that's fair. 

Anyway, can I sell my used PAP to secondwindpap? I'm from the UK. They said to me that i can buy PAP from them without prescription as I'm not in the US so not bound by that law. Can I sell them my PAP? How much do you think I would get for a dreamstation auto CPAP machine that has been used for 80 hours ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way is to ask them. The worst that can happen is they say, "No".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 01:31 PM)CentralApneaUser909 Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 12:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Only if you know what you are doing.   If you are referring to a news item a few months back, that was just a proof of concept and is not fully functional.

A guy I know hacked his resmed auto 10 to a bipap with a programming cable and he said he would help me

Do you have any info on how to convert the dreamstation apap to bilevel?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,524 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.