Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continous air out of vent nasal mask
Continous air out of vent nasal mask
I’m new to Airsense 10 and trying different mask first time for nasal mask. I’m not new to Cpap have used series 9 resmed

Question 
Is it normal for Continous air flow out of vent when I just put on and all night? MyAir is showing leaks  I’m concerned about Continous air I read is coming from vent  on nasal mask. Also pillows 

Also severe dry mouth I’ve tried chin strap this happens with any mask even full face. I slept in recliner one night didn’t have this issue 

Anyone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Continous air out of vent nasal mask
All mask have vents to expelled spent CO2. That should not be a problem. Put up an OSCAR chart so we can see what is happening.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Which mask are you using?  Some masks do vent more than others.  I especially felt more air venting using the airfit n20 nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using the AirFit N20 resmed nasal mask. It starts blowing air out soon as I put on and turn machine on. Even if I hold breath a few seconds
Post Reply Post Reply
Same reply, all masks have a port they will ALWAYS blow air out the port.  You may have had a mask that defused the air but it was coming out.  Some masks have 2 ports some only one but they all blow air out all of the time.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Again I would suggest you post an OSCAR chart so we can see if you have any large leaks instead of just the normal porting.
Post Reply Post Reply
All masks are designed to vent air, otherwise you would be rebreathing the same air.

The mask venting ensures that exhaled air is flushed away and you always inhale new air.

Dry mouth is usually a sign of mouth breathing or not enough humidity. If you are using a minimum pressure of 4 as your profile states, you may be feeling what we call "air starved" and then opening your mouth to compensate.

Raise your minimum pressure to at least 6cm for now until we can see some data.

Be sure your machine has an SD card in it. Download the OSCAR software. Then follow the links in my signature line for guidance in organizing the daily chart and post data here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the n20 but find the air that it vents is way too strong.  Don’t know why they can’t dampen the exhaust.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a YouTube review on the n20.  

https://youtu.be/3SM_HuhqeCk
Post Reply Post Reply
Not familiar with Oscar app and who sees it?  Public ? I also found this post 

the exhaust vent for your mask on the elbow. You should be able to feel air coming out there - this is an important part of the normal operation of the mask. If you look at it, you should be able to see small perforations on the elbow (do not block them). You may have felt the air coming out of the exhaust vent and thought it was a leak
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,225 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 340 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 465 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.