Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continous air out of vent nasal mask
RE: Continous air out of vent nasal mask
You have a card in your machine IF your machine is capable to give you complete data you download it to your computer and view the results it is only on your computer.  You need to download OSCAR to see the data first.  If you have questions that the people on this site can answer and HELP you then you would post a chart and ask for help. BUT if you do not want it public don’t post it. You can look at other posts that ask for help to see charts others have posted.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooo Thank You I’m on the Air. MyAir app limited info

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sorry but that app is just used to show compliance or in other words if you are using the machine enough hours a day. NO REAL STATS. The OSCAR program gives you a lot of information and can be used to see if your pressure is correct, your mask leaks AND WHY it is leaking. It can show you what you are doing breath by breath. It is completely free to download and use. It is downloaded from this site (top of the page) for PC and Mac. It is used here where experts will review and help if you want it. It is the only way anyone on this site can help!!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooo Thank You I’m on the Air. MyAir app limited info

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is a software that you put on your computer so that you can read the memory card from your CPAP machine. It puts the info from your card into great charts of data. The info is just on your computer - it's not online or viewable anywhere else.

If you take screenshots of a screen showing a night of sleep, many of the people here understand how to read the charts/data to give you their opinions on what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
To our OP, please look up near the top of this page to the black marquee.  Near the centre, see "OSCAR."  Please read up, then download your card's info to the programme, and post some screen shots.

FWIW, I have only ever used the N20.  It gushes air out of the vent continuously.  It's only a problem for the missus when I turn over and she gets her head cover blasted off or blown off the bed entirely.  Too-funny

The idea for this vent is, as others have taken pains to explain, to minimize the rebreathing of stale air.  It's also to keep a steady pulse of air around which the machine can sense your breathing and any impediments to it.  So, it HAS TO vent just as yours is doing, and as mine does. 

If the gushing bothers you, does it make you itchy, is it too loud, does it move hairs on your arms....what?  You may have to migrate to another mask, perhaps a similar one that vents upward, say higher on the headgear itself.  Such masks exist.

The other thing is that you must manage the hose and keep that vent at its very top oriented in the right direction.  It occasionally means waking momentarily and turning the top of the hose around.  At least, that's how it works for me.  

Still haven't figured out how to lift the missus back into bed, or keep her in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to downloading the free OSCAR software, if you want a very silent mask with very little detectable vent, ask for the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
The original post mentioned severe dry mouth. This is because you are opening your mouth. Air goes in your nose and out your mouth. The CPAP is short circuited and not doing you any good. The machine records this as a leak. You can avoid this by keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth, or taping your mouth with medical tape, or using a cervical collar, or a chin strap, or a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ki I have done that it helps experiment With tape 3 nights  I like the fit n20 well don’t want back to full face it does same dry mouth bad so don’t help 
Dry mouth 

Ty
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here to vent Razorpoke 6 153 Yesterday, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 989 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,622 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 161 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,231 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,365 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 406 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.