Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continued DME Problems & Odd Pulse Oximeter Results
RE: Continued DME Problems & Odd Pulse Oximeter Results
Fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I sure hope everything goes through for you and look forward to your posts.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Paula & Trish, appreciate the replies, I'll post as soon as I know the prescription is in the DME's hand! Once it gets there its pretty much a sure thing with the pre-approval.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
DME just called, prescription in hand, all information obtained, now submitting to my insurance. I believe all will go through now. DME says they do have a AutoSet in stock, they were thinking they might have to order another one so that should be one less delay. I was told next call would be from either insurance or Respiratory Therapist. Will up-date soon.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thumbs-up-2 Okay, All looks great! I was a little skeptical to Post until something a bit more solid came in, it did! The Respiratory Therapist will be here tomorrow afternoon with NEW AUTOSET in hand! It has been a long bumpy road but looks like my therapy will finally be on track. I truly appreciate all the answers and encouragement to keep moving forward. Thanks
Now we can move on to helping me understand the data right??? Coffee
I look forward to being a contributor here also! Thanks again!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to look next to the power button and it should say "AutoSet," not "Escape Auto."

More than one DME has "accidentally" provided the wrong one. And then insisted it's actually the same thing.

Escape Auto is nearly as bad as an Escape in terms of data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2012, 02:15 PM)archangle Wrote: Escape Auto is nearly as bad as an Escape in terms of data.
Escape Auto and Escape are economy machines ... Autoset and Elite are premium machines and cost just few $$$ more

S9 series specification and comparison chart
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2012, 02:15 PM)archangle Wrote: Be sure to look next to the power button and it should say "AutoSet," not "Escape Auto."

More than one DME has "accidentally" provided the wrong one. And then insisted it's actually the same thing.

Escape Auto is nearly as bad as an Escape in terms of data.
You bet! Sure thing, I won't be fooled again! My prescription was written as S9 ResMed AutoSet, "DAW". So should be okay but I will keep my eyes open.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2012, 02:32 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 02:15 PM)archangle Wrote: Escape Auto is nearly as bad as an Escape in terms of data.
Escape Auto and Escape are economy machines ... Autoset and Elite are premium machines and cost just few $$$ more

S9 series specification and comparison chart
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Thanks Zonk, If it doesn't have "AutoSet" on it they will be bringing it back as I insist on the correct one. Based on what happened with the other DME and what I learned here on these forums I specifically asked the DME when they set up the appointment that it is a NEW AUTOSET and she confirmed it was. Also I believe my Doctor put 4-12cm pressure which the Escape can't do.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
The Escape Auto can, though.

I'd confirm it is indeed new. Ask to be shown the total usage hours. I looked at the clinician manual and they mention it but I couldn't find where it was. You can erase the patient data of used hours but not the overall machine hours used data.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,002 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.