Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continuing Airsense 10 Humidity and Weird Data Problems
RE: Continuing Airsense 10 Humidity and Weird Data Problems
(12-18-2015, 10:06 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: But I'm older now, and have reached my limit of being insulted or screamed at by medical "professionals" so I will take your advice and quit being their doormat.

I consider doctors to be consultants, not bosses. I want to hear their expert opinions, but when they start treating me like a child I am out out of there. I am lucky to have a GP who treats me like an adult and had pretty good experience with my sleep doctor and my DME.

On Thursday I saw my DME to go over what I needed in the way of new supplies, having been on my machine for a year now. I took along my little HP Stream laptop and showed the therapist my graphs and numbers with it and she was impressed and happy to see this, not threatened at all. I came away with a replacement Simplus FFM and a chin strap. The old one was getting pretty ratty and I wanted to see if a chin strap would help with the dry mouth. I don't know if they've redesigned the simplus in the last year but the new one works a lot better than the old one and the chin strap really helps a whole lot.

Last night I slept for 6 and a half hours straight, which I have never done for decades.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2015, 03:13 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 10:06 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: But I'm older now, and have reached my limit of being insulted or screamed at by medical "professionals" so I will take your advice and quit being their doormat.

I consider doctors to be consultants, not bosses. I want to hear their expert opinions, but when they start treating me like a child I am out out of there. I am lucky to have a GP who treats me like an adult and had pretty good experience with my sleep doctor and my DME.

On Thursday I saw my DME to go over what I needed in the way of new supplies, having been on my machine for a year now. I took along my little HP Stream laptop and showed the therapist my graphs and numbers with it and she was impressed and happy to see this, not threatened at all. I came away with a replacement Simplus FFM and a chin strap. The old one was getting pretty ratty and I wanted to see if a chin strap would help with the dry mouth. I don't know if they've redesigned the simplus in the last year but the new one works a lot better than the old one and the chin strap really helps a whole lot.

Last night I slept for 6 and a half hours straight, which I have never done for decades.

Just curious - if they say I need supplemental oxygen, what is that like? Is there a big tank by your bed and how is it interconnected with your CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2015, 03:36 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: Just curious - if they say I need supplemental oxygen, what is that like? Is there a big tank by your bed and how is it interconnected with your CPAP?

Well, they give you an oxygen concentrator machine and run a small hose from it to an extra insert just before the mask. You don't need oxygen canisters since the concentrator pulls the O2 out of the ambient air.

The oxygen concentrator I got was big and rather noisy. There are some new smaller ones that weren't available when I got mine and I've seen some TV adds that claim they are nice and quiet too. I use sound cancelling headphones when I sleep so the noise doesn't bother me. But I'd rather have a quieter concentrator although I probably won't be able to get one for at least 5 years on my insurance.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,016 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 163 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 196 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.