Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continuous Blast of Air
Continuous Blast of Air
I'm using an AirFit F 30 full face mask. Everything was fine last night until about 5:00 AM when I started receiving a very strong blast of air which temporarily went away once I started fiddling with the nose pillow. This was short-lived as the air blast came back.  I've used this mask before with no problems but how do I interpret what is going on?.  I was pretty sure the mask was sealed.  It certainly passed the initial seal test on the ResMed mask fit test. Also I noticed that no data was able to be transferred to me ResMed sleep APP from last night's sleep.

Joel
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Continuous Blast of Air
I've been using an AirFit F30 FFM for about a week or so now. Initially, I was impressed with it's fit and how it performed. I'm now not so impressed with it.

Maybe I need to tighten up the headgear straps. I do seem to be getting more and more air leaks. I find myself readjusting the mask several times per night.

I do get air blasts, but not sure it's the same thing you are speaking of. I just assumed that was due to the mask leaking. 

Anyways, I will readjust the straps tonight and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had several people describe large leaks as air blasts. A look at your sleepyhead data would tell you if the issue is with your machine delivering I higher than normal pressure.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried using the N30 for two nights, and the air pressure seemed to be very high and uncomfortable - both nights I went back to using the Airfit P10 and then the air pressure went back to normal . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting.  For most of the night I do not sense any serious leakage issues but early AM I get woken by fluttering/flapping feelings from the mask and other signs of leakage.  When I turn the unit off upon arising over the last two nights I have gotten the dreaded RED SCREEN of leakage failure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arctic blast desaturator 17 1,349 01-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Face Blast! maelstrom07 11 1,146 11-26-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: maelstrom07
  [Equipment] PR System One Pro 650 - Continuous recycle spyral 3 1,252 01-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question What is the expected time for continuous sleep? Benji 10 2,393 01-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  +0.5 blast of air Jimboiii 15 3,335 11-08-2016, 03:20 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Continuous (daytime) deep breathing/sighing sw232562 12 4,575 08-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Equipment] Cold Air Blast gobsmacked 5 2,030 02-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Last Post: woozie38

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.