Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continuous (daytime) deep breathing/sighing
RE: Continuous (daytime) deep breathing/sighing
google 'pursed lips breathing'

Thanks that is good advice to a good question

I did not think about the deep breath I take. I have been doing it for so long I just did not think about it.

Now that it is on my mind:
I think I do it less now that I am on CPAP for about a year.
I know that my CPAP with added oxygen during sleep has allowed my body to recover from some of the damage done by not starting CPAP sooner.

This forum and the folks on it have helped so much, you guys are Okay in my book. What a education that you have provided.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2016, 12:06 AM)sw232562 Wrote: Any Apnea sufferers have this condition during the day (or had it?)? Symptoms I am having are needing to take a deep breath literally every 5 minutes in order to get that "satisfaction", but then it returns promptly. Sometimes I can't get that feeling, and keep breathing deep until I am lightheaded or my ribs hurt! But it always comes, eventually. This started out of the blue, and after all my doctor visits they put me on a CPAP saying I have severe apnea (and hypopneas). The jury's not quite out yet if my breathing issues are due to this, but did this happen to anyone on this forum?

I have a good friend who has unexplained shortness of breath that he is going through a lot of testing with no positive results as to a cause yet. If you and he are interested and in agreement, I would be happy to put you in touch with one another.

You can let me know via PM or otherwise and I will take appropriate action.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
"unexplained shortness of breath"

The first three doctors just keep giving me drugs for infection. When I forcefully requested a order for a CT scan I was able to find a route to go. Right lung volume 40% down and fluid in the lung. The Lung also has pulled away from the outer chest wall and it has filled with fluid. This was at least something to work with. The CT also showed up other thing that are being worked on. I can not kick myself hard enough for wasting a year with the first doctors.

It is sad that I had that experience. But on the bright side I have become much more informed and request more from my current doctors.

Nobody cares more about you than you do. If you are not number 1 to yourself then you may not be around to help anybody else.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,119 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 97 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 384 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.