Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I import CSV data to OSCAR from a .CSV file??
RE: How do I import CSV data to OSCAR from a .CSV file??
(01-08-2022, 10:53 PM)Apnealicious Wrote: I'm a little confused by this - I get the impression that Somno is not an oximeter at all?   If it is, I'm not sure where the spO2 and pulse reading are in your sprea

I am unfamiliar with Somnopose, either the device or its operational software. I take it that "Somno" and "pose" indicate it is a sleep position device--weird in that "Inclination" provides for a 180 degree data range to portray standing upright through inversion and "standing" on the hands.  

I was informed, however, I could emulate the Somnopose CSV output and have OSCAR import data cast in that Somnopose CSV export format I sent you. It works well.

Long ago I believe I experimented once and used the tool to hand OSCAR PR and SpO2 data from a Contec CMS50I oximeter CSV file. The only rub is that once alien data is imported into OSCAR its curve viewing windows will present results as "Orientation" and "Inclination" curves. 

If inclined, your task would be simple using the approach suggested. Paste your csv data, time, pulse rate, and SpO2 into columns A, B, and C of a spreadsheet. A rough guide from my first work spreadsheeting accelerometer data is here Might an accelerometer masquerade as an oximeter and be put into OSCAR? | Apnea Board. The first four columns from the device output CSV were pasted in in one step as you see. Calcs were done in other columns and results went into the Orientation and Inclination columns you saw. The prototype evolved into a versatile conversion template (which needs some house cleaning). 

Then enter and compute the necessary time values for your file date and device startup time, as in the snip I sent. Then have the time column at right roll your start time forward, incrementing consistent with time column A. My template immediately displayed export ready data after paste-in of raw data--except for need to key in an entry in for Oximeter-VAuto clock-time drift discrepancies.

For the approach I sent --equivalent ways to synchronize data can work--convert whatever the native data time, in seconds, is into a column beginning with a zero time. Put formulas referring to your B and C data columns and rows in the Orientation and Inclination columns at right. (If your sample rate is constant, then the time column to be output can be copied down from start using the fixed time increment. But for irregular sampling time, your righthand column of cumulative (importable) times must update using column A data times.

Once done, as above, copy the headers and columns at right and paste them, as values (not formulas) into a blank Excel CSV spreadsheet. OSCAR will import it once you have it all in compliance with the format specified.

For PR and SpO2 there is no need to scale the values either way.

Hope this helps. Good luck. Questions are welcome.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to the beginning - when you say that you slept for a while, got up for a few hours, then went back to sleep - did you stop your Pulse ox while you were awake?

If so, how many sessions is your pulse ox set to store? If you set it to one (to use all of the space for a single recording) and you didn't get the data off after you stopped it, wouldn't it have overwritten the data? Perhaps?

Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 01:38 PM)Apnealicious Wrote: I have done the "pause alarm", but it's useless because it doesn't save the option.  There is no point in setting it because I can download the device data and shut down the program in the time it takes to pause the alarm.   Such a terrible, terrible design.

Hi.  I'm new here.  I agree that their human engineering sounds pretty poor on that software.  Still though, I feel compelled to say, that your quoted text above is a textbook example of a 1st world problem.  Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 01:43 PM)Apnealicious Wrote: BTW, I also have 2 other oximeters ($20 models) that record O2+pulse data via Bluetooth to my smartphone, and create a similar CSV file, so find out how to get CSV files in OSCAR with make those devices more useful as well.

This is exactly what I'm interested in doing.  I have a couple Emay pulse-oximeters.  They can output PDF reports, or dump the data points as .CSV files.  It would be great if OSCAR could import the .CSV files.

I do have a little bit of programming ability and could try and maybe write software to convert my .CSVs into a format that OSCAR can make sense of, but I don't know what format OSCAR needs exactly.  Is there a spec for it?  If not is it simple enough to just define it quick in a message here (assuming someone here knows it)?

PS: The little developing I do has been in Python and plan to stick with it, at least for some time.

(01-07-2022, 02:03 PM)Apnealicious Wrote: Since there is only 1 port, it is logically impossible for the watch to be connected to both the computer and fingertip, so it's almost intentional to anger the user.

Yes, that is mildly bone-headed isn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok guys....
I am trying so hard to import sp02 into oscar. It seems this is beaten to death and I apologize for bringing it up again but I thing it would be really cool to do this.
So, Here is my understanding:
   Create spreadsheet and import "device data data:time,SpO2,HR"
   Convert date/time to epoh timecode? or seconds from 0
   Copy data into a clean spreadsheet with the numbers and not formulas. (does it need the title in the first row?
   Save as "date".CSV
   In OSCAR Import Somnopose CSV

Then it should show waveform for SpO2?

I have tried so many times and ways I have lost count but I just don't want to give up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.