Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Corrupt Data
Corrupt Data
Hello the forum. Some tome back, I got my Dream station BiPap up and running. Some how the data card began with some corruption.
I have selected single days and tried to eliminate (delete) them. Each time Oscar crashed. In trying to view a single day, Bottom og
Oscar screen has "There is no data to graph". In trying to purge and "bad data"day, ADVANCED, PURGE CURRENT SELECTED DAY,
Oscar program either became frozen or system states program stopped running. Is it possible to clean this corruption up??

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Corrupt Data
The first thing to do is download and install the current version of OSCAR, which is 1.1.0. It should be far more stable.

If you're still seeing these issues with 1.1.0, let us know!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Corrupt Data Oscar Updated
Hello sawinglogz. I have updated to current version.
I am still carrying this "corrupted" data. Some of it appears
different. I am unable to delete any specific days in the incomplete
or corrupt data. Oscar did update Oscars database.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2020, 07:49 PM)BrassCat Wrote: Hello the forum. Some tome back, I got my Dream station BiPap up and running. Some how the data card began with some corruption.
I have selected single days and tried to eliminate (delete) them. Each time Oscar crashed. In trying to view a single day, Bottom og
Oscar screen has "There is no data to graph". In trying to purge and "bad data"day, ADVANCED, PURGE CURRENT SELECTED DAY,
Oscar program either became frozen or system states program stopped running. Is it possible to clean this corruption up??

Now that you've updated to 1.1.0, is OSCAR still crashing or freezing when you try to purge individual days?

When you say the data is "corrupted," what do you mean? Which days are you referring to? Can you post a screenshot for the Daily view for one of them?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. I had been using this Bipap for a few years. Then It did not work correctly. Then for
some reason Sleepyhead stopped running on my computer. I went for a year, then cpap died, got bipap running again.
But now with a new data card. I also started using Oscar. Thanks you guys.

This early "data" was there from when I just started with a new card. I should clarify, from when I first inserted it into
my Bipap Dreamstation. It was however some accumulated data was in the Bipap that had not been written to the SD card.
So, I started now with clean data card. This extra data was showing up, but without graphing anything on the DAILY screen.
OK, now I can delete a selected day, but I still see several thing displaying in the OVERVIEW screen! I can delete a day in 
those early dates, up to Mar 17. I am wondering if the DreamStation memory had dropped off some of the oldest data, leaving
partial data to write to the card. Deleting a selected day does not get ride of several items from still showing in OVERVIEW.
Like: Usage, session time, pressure. Because of the INCOMPLETE nature of the data set for any days prior to Mar 17, 2020
I choose to describe it as corrupted.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the clarification. I'm glad it's not crashing any more.

Yes, if you insert a blank SD card, the DreamStation will write out what it remembers about older sessions. That's summary/settings data for quite a long way back and detailed events for about a week. It will write pressure and oximetry data only when the SD card is inserted while in use. As you noticed, that older data is incomplete, but that's what the DreamStation wrote.

It's a little surprising that the usage, session time, and pressure aren't getting removed when you purge the day. I'll look into that.

In the mean time, if you really want to remove the summary data, in Preferences > Import you can check the "Do not import sessions older than" box and specify Mar 17, 2020. Alternatively, if you have an older card that was present during those sessions, import that one first to get its complete data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess the data gets deleted when you purge but next time you import the data gets read back in as its on the card. The only way to prevent it being imported I’d to set the do not import data before date then purge the data. To me it sounds like Oscar is working as designed
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. I do not leave the SD card in my computer. When I have deleted any given early day, I go back to the summary. It
is still there. Even the next day, going thru a power off, power on next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's not what jaswilliams is saying.

Your SD card remembers all that old data, regardless of whether it's in your computer or not. Purging a day only deletes it from OSCAR's database on your computer, not the SD card. I've just tested OSCAR and confirmed that purging a summary-only day from OSCAR is working as designed.

However, the next time you import data from that SD card, OSCAR will see the old session still on the SD card, see it missing from its own database, and then re-import it.

If you want to prevent OSCAR from re-importing those older sessions, then jaswilliam's suggestion will do that. Go to Preferences > Import, and check the "Do not import sessions older than" box and set the date to March 18, 2020, I think (based on your screenshot). After that, regardless of any old sessions still on your SD card, OSCAR will only import the sessions starting from that date.

Was your DreamStation secondhand? It's remembering a lot of sessions before March 18, most of which seem to have been very brief.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,260 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 953 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Oscar Error there is no data to graph summary data only u4ea 2 1,445 02-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: u4ea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.