Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Corrupt SD CARD/SOFTWARE?
Corrupt SD CARD/SOFTWARE?
So, I'm new here. Ive been using my machine for over 10 years now. I currently have a Philips Respironics System One RemStar Plus C-Flex. with Humidifier. I wear an Air Fit 10 full face mask. My SD card says Phillips Respironics by PNY.
I had a new sleep study conducted Monday Night which showed drastic new settings, Id lost some 30 lbs, so my settings would go from an 15 or 18 to a 7. This morning the machine wen on its on stating that it was trying to reformat the card but that the card is corrupt and it keep beeping and asking me to remove and reinsert the card. on the display screen now it has a square with an x through it next to info. I'm supposed to be getting a new machine, but I'm not sure what to do In the meanwhile. Now its giving me an SD card error and asking me to remove and reinsert, which I do but it gives me the same error. I'm unsure as to what to do.

I welcome any advice. If I misposted this, I do apologize.

Jeff aka guynftl
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Corrupt SD CARD/SOFTWARE?
Hi Jeff, welcome.

I would suggest using a freshly formatted SD card in FAT32, and be sure the lock is off. You can format the card in your computer, and all the machine will do is to create the directory structure and install the compliance files. As I'm sure your are aware, the Remstar Plus does not provide efficacy data. I would encourage you to strongly advocate for an Auto CPAP so that changes in your health no longer come as a drastic change in settings. Had you been using an Auto CPAP over the past year, the changes would have been detected and accommodated by the machine, and a sleep study probably would have been unnecessary.

Congratuations on the weight loss and improvements to your health. I hope you will be able to obtain a Philips Dreamstation Auto or Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset as a replacement. Indeed, you should explain your expectations and rationale for a better machine to your doctor so he can support that effort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your kind response but I'm not sure how to do a freshly formatted SD card in FAT 32 ... I understand what formatting a card means, I have done that with my sd card in my phone, can I do the same thing with my SD card in my computer? whats a FAT 32? Can I format my same card?

I am requesting a new machine as I am overdue for one, would you request an Auto CPAP machine? I'm really hoping that they give me a smaller one.
The one I have now is really large compared with the one they used on me at the hospital for the sleep study.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, put the SD card into a drive slot on a PC, right click the root directory and select format. It should default to FAT32. Execute. When finished, replace the card in the CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 885 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 166 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 623 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,090 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,303 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,203 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 765 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.