Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cough and bad night of therapy...
Question 
Cough and bad night of therapy...
Hello apneaboard community,

I start to have a bad cough yesterday and it cause me to have a bad night...

Anyone have a suggestion, tip or advise to help my next night?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cough and bad night of therapy...
I have one of those chronic idiopathic coughs apparently. My lungs are clear yet I just cough away. Post-nasal or gerd are some possible reasons. Last night was another winner. I think I was awake until midnight. When that happens, I find myself making crude drawings of water heater systems. Anyway, I sometimes take cough medicine to suppress it enough so I can sleep. I use the daytime stuff since I don't need anything extra to put me asleep. I just need to stop coughing.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
ACE inhibitors like Lisinopril can cause a cough, or maybe it's just a cold. Anytime you are coughing, it will cause some disruption in CPAP therapy. You need to figure out a little bit about the root cause to deal with it (or just let it pass). If you have congestion and can't seem to relieve it, then a Guiafsin formula like Mucinex might help, or if it is a dry cough, a cough suppressant might help. Since a cough can have so many different causes, it's kind of up to your to do a process of elimination and find what works. Drink plenty of water. Can't hurt, and might help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 08:44 AM)AlanE Wrote: I have one of those chronic idiopathic coughs apparently. My lungs are clear yet I just cough away. Post-nasal or gerd are some possible reasons. Last night was another winner. I think I was awake until midnight. When that happens, I find myself making crude drawings of water heater systems. Anyway, I sometimes take cough medicine to suppress it enough so I can sleep. I use the daytime stuff since I don't need anything extra to put me asleep. I just need to stop coughing.

I'm sorry to hear that AlanE Sad

On my side it is more like normal cold symptoms.

Cough medicine will probably help me Thanks

All the best in your therapy !
(02-16-2016, 09:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: ACE inhibitors like Lisinopril can cause a cough, or maybe it's just a cold. Anytime you are coughing, it will cause some disruption in CPAP therapy. You need to figure out a little bit about the root cause to deal with it (or just let it pass). If you have congestion and can't seem to relieve it, then a Guiafsin formula like Mucinex might help, or if it is a dry cough, a cough suppressant might help. Since a cough can have so many different causes, it's kind of up to your to do a process of elimination and find what works. Drink plenty of water. Can't hurt, and might help.

Thank you Sleeprider!

I think I will have to let it pass because it really sounds like a cold.

It help me a lot to drink plenty of water !
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 01:17 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that AlanE Sad

No worries. Water heating systems must be fascinating to somebody. Dont-know
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 247 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,257 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,330 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 802 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.