Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Coughs and Sneezes?
Coughs and Sneezes?
How do xpap machines interpret coughs and sneezes?

I have a cold. Sad

My AHI is a little higher and I have restless nights.

Curious?

v/r
foss
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Coughs and Sneezes?
Sleepyhead shows my coughs as snores. I haven't had a bad cold in several years so it hasn't been a problem with my APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
The "Flow Rate" sinewave jumps higher, then lower from the norm, and/or goes a bit crazy. You have to narrow it down so you can easily see more individual breaths. Click in that graph, then hit your UP Arrow key to narrow down the timeline. Then use Forward and Back key to move along the timeline.

I have chronic bronchitis, so I learned this one REAL fast, LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks for stoppage of breathing and since a cough does not last longer than 10 seconds, it won't flag it as an event. Like others say, it will be in the floor rate and maybe the snore.

Put on the mask and turn on the machine. Wait a minute. Cough several times in a row. Wait a bit. Then sneeze once or twice. Wait a bit. Remove card and look at it in SleepyHead. That will show you kinda what it looks like.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2018, 07:26 AM)foss Wrote: My AHI is a little higher and I have restless nights

Restless nights usually result in a higher reported AHI, the machine does not know you are awake and can interpret holding your breath as you turn over and such things as real events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all of the replies. I am ambulatory again. Cold, cough and sneeze almost over.

My reported AHI more than doubled but it is back to the middle twos again where it usually is.

v/r
Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
And if you are wearing nasal pillows and end up sneezing through your nose, be very careful when you remove your mask in the morning.
Also, if you normally clean your mask on Saturday, make some extra time for it that morning Big Grin
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since I started the CPAP machine I get a horrible sneezing fits throughout the day and I am not sure why this is happening
Post Reply Post Reply
Air too dry?  Maybe you need to up your humidity setting.  Also, it's pollen season.  Co-inky dink?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.