Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Progress
Humidifier Progress
Hi everyone,
My previous humidifier experience consisted of years of "thinking" I could not tolerate using the humidifier (tried several times for one night and quit) to the next step a few months ago when a persistent dry nose prompted me to try with water in the tank but no heat. This worked OK and I got used to it but the nasal dryness got worse plus I had been having a dry cough that my doc and I discussed at length. Doc concluded that the problem was allergies but we could not get it under control. About a week ago I decided to bite the bullet and kick in some heat on the humidifier. Dry nose gone after the first night and noticeable reduction in the dry cough, sleeping better and possibly fewer bathroom trips. It has been worthwhile to keep messing with the humidifier.
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Progress
You may find the need for your humidifier might be related to season, where you reside (places that have high humidity you might not need it) where other places that are arid might require the humidity.

Right now with the natural humidity in the air (because of where I live) I needn't run the air conditioner to keep the apartment reasonably cool, but the humidity is a different conversation. As we exit the higher humidity months, it's likely I'll need to use the humidifier again.

Also, when I shower, I always, (even if I need to take multiple showers a day) perform a nasal wash where I suck water into the nose and blow it out to get rid of the pollens and and other pollutants.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Progress
With a full face mask in the past I hated the humidifier, I always got water (rain out is it?). Switched to Nasal pillows and couldn't survive without it, still got water in the tube but I needed it to not dry my nose out terribly. I didn't really know about heated tunes or anything that time around.

Second try got the heated tube with the humidifier and I am so much happier. Don't know if you have the heated tube or if your model supports it but that has been night and day for my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,477 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.