Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could really use your help...
Could really use your help...
Hi all,

Long-time listener, first-time poster. I have been using PAP therapy for almost a year now, and while I have made some progress with my therapy, there is one thing that I can't seem to fix.

Even at low pressures (5 cm/h20) I still get some strange flow rates on my OSCAR reports. They look almost like Cheyene-Stokes Respiration, or maybe some type of central hypopnea. The flow rate sort of waxes and wanes, rather than is consistent amount in and out (see images below). I've tried all different pressures, and currently am using 8 IPAP and 4 EPAP on my Vauto.

Do you guys think this is a problem with me blowing off too much CO2? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could really use your help...
Your events are mostly central and hypopnea and this is some sort of periodic breathing.

Pressure support will have more of an effect then pressure if this is due to CO2 levels. Does it improve at PS of 3 or 2?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2021, 08:58 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Your events are mostly central and hypopnea and this is some sort of periodic breathing.

Pressure support will have more of an effect then pressure if this is due to CO2 levels. Does it improve at PS of 3 or 2?

Honestly, not really. It's a little worse at higher pressure support, but even at a standard CPAP pressure of 5 cm I still get these types of events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please set your PS=3, no other changes, and repost. Do look for the "CSR" like pattern. More importantly which settings feel better?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2021, 09:35 AM)Gideon Wrote: Please set your PS=3, no other changes, and repost.  Do look for the "CSR" like pattern.  More importantly which settings feel better?

I would say somewhere around 8 IPAP and 4 or 5 EPAP feels the best, however, I don't quite have the symptom resolution that I'd hoped for. I'm also considering trying an EERS device. I'm just not that handy and feel like I might mess something up in the construction of it lol.

If EERS is an advisable solution, I'd love to just pay someone to build it for me if that was possible! haha
Post Reply Post Reply
Define your symptom resolution. What symptoms are you actually having, please ignore your charts and numbers when determining how you feel.

We want adequate sleep, not perfect. Umbers
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2021, 09:47 AM)Gideon Wrote: Define your symptom resolution. What symptoms are you actually having, please ignore your charts and numbers when determining how you feel.

We want adequate sleep, not perfect. Umbers

My main complaint is lack of energy. Secondary symptoms are brain fog, occasional dizziness, lack of motivation, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to somewhat reduce CA events, thus reduce PS to 3 and increase min pressure to up your oxygen. So Min EPAP=6, Max IPAP = 14

Get a recording oximeter to validate your oxygen levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2021, 11:11 AM)Gideon Wrote: I want to somewhat reduce CA events, thus reduce PS to 3 and increase min pressure to up your oxygen. So Min EPAP=6, Max IPAP = 14

Get a recording oximeter to validate your oxygen levels.

What's a good oximeter to use with Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Wellue O2 ring which is excellent but make sure you use Viatom V2.63 and no greater if you have an Android phone for use with OSCAR and set auto updates to off and transfer to PC via Dropbox ,Onedrive or Google drive with autosync app.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.