Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could really use your help...
RE: Could really use your help...
Contec CMS50F is one I've used with a free downloaded app. This one looks like a watch with a wired finger probe.

Wellue ring is another good brand.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

It's been a little while. I've been trying a few things including EERS which has seemed to help slightly. However, I'm still getting some central hypopnea (waxing and waning) looks to my flow rates as well as quite a few RERAs. I've attached my overview and a few screenshots of flow rates to illustrate what I'm talking about. Any advice is appreciated, as I'm still feeling quite miserable when I wake up.

Also, I've attached an example of the waxing and waning that has gotten slightly better since starting EERS but hasn't resolved completely.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you ever get a recording oximeter?

What are your timing controls set to?

Trigger sensitivity:
Cycle sensitivity:
Timin:
Timax:

You should also post your original sleep study results (redacted version).
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 12:59 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Did you ever get a recording oximeter?

What are your timing controls set to?

Trigger sensitivity:
Cycle sensitivity:
Timin:
Timax:

You should also post your original sleep study results (redacted version).

Hi Geer, I did not get an oximeter yet. Funds are somewhat limited, but if you think it's absolutely necessary I will get one.

Trigger: Very high
Cycle: Med
Timin: 0.3 sec
Timax: 2.0 sec

Sleep study is attached...

Attached Files
.pdf   sleepstudy.pdf (Size: 179.01 KB / Downloads: 5)
Post Reply Post Reply
What length of tube are you using with EERS for rebreathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at sleep hygiene. This could do a lot for you,
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 06:38 PM)Gideon Wrote: What length of tube are you using with EERS for rebreathing?

100 cc

(10-03-2021, 06:43 PM)Gideon Wrote: Look at sleep hygiene.  This could do a lot for you,

I've been extremely diligent about sleep hygiene.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oximeter probably not super helpful was just curious. Trigger is already very high which is main setting I was interested in.

I am leaning towards this being a central apnea related issue or incorrect watchpat uars type diagnosis, I always question rdi predominant watchpat tests and whether they are accurate enough diagnosing reras.

If a central issue not sure if this machine is capable of doing anything more for you. ASV could potentially be helpful in regulating your breathing and the periodic nature of it but not sure if that is ultimately the issue behind your symptoms. This central/periodic nature could be being induced by CPAP if your breathing is actually fine and watchpat diagnosis not accurate.

An in clinic mixed sleep/titration study could be helpful in confirming apnea/breathing is in fact an issue and then checking if it is treated on CPAP. You might end up like me and diagnosed with apnea on low quality home sleep study and then no signs of breathing issues when on polysomnogram but signs of poor sleep quality.

Just some ideas. I always question that uars cases that don't appear to improve with cpap are actually cause by breathing issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 08:25 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Oximeter probably not super helpful was just curious. Trigger is already very high which is main setting I was interested in.

I am leaning towards this being a central apnea related issue or incorrect watchpat uars type diagnosis, I always question rdi predominant watchpat tests and whether they are accurate enough diagnosing reras.

If a central issue not sure if this machine is capable of doing anything more for you. ASV could potentially be helpful in regulating your breathing and the periodic nature of it but not sure if that is ultimately the issue behind your symptoms. This central/periodic nature could be being induced by CPAP if your breathing is actually fine and watchpat diagnosis not accurate.

An in clinic mixed sleep/titration study could be helpful in confirming apnea/breathing is in fact an issue and then checking if it is treated on CPAP. You might end up like me and diagnosed with apnea on low quality home sleep study and then no signs of breathing issues when on polysomnogram but signs of poor sleep quality.

Just some ideas. I always question that uars cases that don't appear to improve with cpap are actually cause by breathing issues.

Yea, I'm feeling the same way. It's either I need ASV or something to help the centrals or the pap therapy is what's actually causing the centrals/periodic breathing and my problem is actually caused by something else. I do feel slightly better (maybe 10-20%) when using my BiPAP than without it, however, I wonder if any sleep disturbances are actually secondary to another health condition. I'm also dealing with liver issues and possibly SIBO, so perhaps that's contributing to my health struggles.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you have tried lower EPR? Did it reduce the AHI and amount of periodic breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.