Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed?
RE: Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed?
The lack of data severely limits anyones ability to offer suggestions other than to offer general advice.

While the VAuto is the best for OSA you have the issue of having Centrals. The VAuto is NOT the best machine for this.

Before considering a different machine we need to try some things to see if the central can be simply eliminated. This includes:
1. Turn off and comfort/pressure relief that you may have enabled (Not sure if your machine is capable of this.
2. Reduce pressure

Let's see what happens then we can better recommend what model/mode you need to treat your apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed?
Ok, thanks !
I moved min pressure to 8.5 and will give it a couple of nights on that. Then lower it again at 8 if centrals dont go away with 8.5.

After that I will try to remove the exhaling assistance from 3 to 2 and gradually keep lowering it.

I really hate the fact that I cant use Oscar and that I am not able to get the Prisma TS software running.
Post Reply Post Reply
If we cannot get the Centrals down you may be a candidate for the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV which will without question treat the central. This machine is $1350 used from a good source. If you don't actually need it the VAuto will be a better choice. In addition to improving your therapy we want to determine which machine you should get.

A basic question, do you have any other medical conditions, especially breathing issues and cardiac issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2020, 09:59 PM)bonjour Wrote: If we cannot get the Centrals down you may be a candidate for the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV which will without question treat the central.  This machine is $1350 used from a good source.  If you don't actually need it the VAuto will be a better choice.  In addition to improving your therapy we want to determine which machine you should get.

Sorry for the late answer, I wanted to try out what you guys suggested before I came back to you. 

So this is what happened :

I was initially set to APAP 7-14, with SoftPAP on max ( SoftPAP = comfort/pressure relief). 

My average was 2/h -OA and 3/h CA in the last 29 days.

We raised the min pressure from 7 to 9 through 3-4 days, first to 8 and then to 9. I did not feel a difference but the number of CA's more than doubled every night. 

Lowered the min pressure to 8.5 but centrals stayed. 

Lowered the min pressure to 8 and the centrals went down - first night it was 4/h, then 2/h, 1/h and 2/h. 

After the Centrals went down I turned off the pressure relief completely and for the last two days got pretty good results with 0/h OA. First night I had 1/h Central and second 2/h Central. 

After the first night with no pressure relief I woke up feeling fairly decent and was not as tired during the day as usually. Today I got woken up by some truck outside my house earlier than usually so I am not feeling that great but not bad. 

I will lower the min pressure to 7 again where I started to see if the CA's will completely be gone.

(08-14-2020, 09:59 PM)bonjour Wrote: A basic question, do you have any other medical conditions, especially breathing issues and cardiac issues?

I had 2 nose surgeries in the last 2 years, septoplasty and rhinoplasty. Now my breathing is better but in a month I will go for a breathing test to make sure its all good. 
Besides that nothing much, I am in my early 30s, fairly fit and active, no cardiac issues. The only other medical problem I have is that I was diagnosed with ADHD which escalated when I started feeling more and more tired.

Would all this info be enough for you to suggest a different machine for me? I will try reinstalling my Windows one more time today in order to get the PrismaTS software running, for some reason I cant get an sql server running on it which is needed for the PrismaTS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note to say what a great job you've done of self-titrating with minimal data to go on. Do you consider getting a new machine just to have better data capability?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on cpap for about 6 months now and barely notice any difference. The only thing thats different is the fact that I never wake up completely destroyed anymore with muscle pain.

So I know that CPAP is helping me and I assume that I can adjust my therapy more to make it even more efficient.

But I cant do that without the data behind it.

And it honestly just drives me crazy knowing that there is soo much info behind it and I have no access to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update on this. Its been 3 nights that I am back on my original apap 7-14 but with turned off pressure relief.

All 3 nights I had 0 obstructive apneas.

But my central apneas gradually increased each night :
1st night 1/h
2nd night 2/h
3rd night 3/h

I also noticed that the average pressure used is now lower than usually. It was 9 for the first two nights and 8.5 on the last one.

Im wondering if I should lower the max pressure a bit so that there isnt such a big frame for pressure changes?

Not sure if that would help with centrals.

Based on the amount of centrals that I am getting now. Do you think a normal cpap is ok for this or would I need a different type of machine to get rid of them completely ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked back at the charts you posted, and it does seem that the CAI goes up when the "pressure demand" goes up. I also see that the past few nights you apparently have had no OAs. I think it'd be fine to try capping the maximum at, say, 9 or 10 to see what happens. If you get a lot of OAs, well, you'll have learned something.

Could you afford to purchase a new or lightly used Airsense 10 Autoset machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I could afford it and I might even get it covered by insurance. But my goal currently is to make sure that I know exactly which machine would be best for me before going for it.

Id like to avoid getting one only to find out that I actually need a special one because of my central apneas or something like that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 97 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.