Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could use help analyzing sleepyhead results
Could use help analyzing sleepyhead results
[attachment=1843]I've completed about a week now with my first cpap machine, the Autosense 10. Without cpap, I was having 24 AHI. After a few days I had AHI down to 5 or so. But the last few days have been horrible, with AHI 14-17.I still feel horrible. I've had the unit on autopressure, and it says its between 5-20. Looking at my result, it looks like my best night had relatively low pressure. I'm not sure what I should do to give me results like when I had the 5. I am including screencaps to help.

Can someone help me get back to having 5 or less? Is it a pressure adjustment?
Here is a screencap of the overview. The forum won't let me link to imgur where I have more screencaps. Could you message me and I can give you the link?

Thanks so much!
chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could use help analyzing sleepyhead results
Welcome
The chart doesn't shows pressure or leak graphs but from reading statistics, leak seem acceptable and pressure setting 6-20 is fine as median 7, 95% 8 and max 10, You can lower the maximum pressure but would have no effect as pressure didn't climb above 10
EPR level set at 3, might be worth experimenting with different level (off, 1, 2, 3). If Ramp is enabled, can be turned off, minimum pressure already at low 6. Early days yet, AHI would settle down in due course
Post Reply Post Reply
would it be ok, if i sent you a message with a link to more screenshots?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi baggio1000000,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sometimes, it can take a bit before you notice improvements, so don’t give up on your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more help with your graphs and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks TRish!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that there is more that goes into AHI than our CPAP and mask. There's stressors, environment, food intake, beer intake - the list is long.

Don't make too many changes while you try to figure it out. Each change needs at least 10 days or so (more than a full week worth of your routine) to settle down and show you trends.

AND it has only been a week. Leave it alone. You'll have great nights, bad nights, and What The Heck Caused THAT nights. It happens.

Start a sleep journal. Write down, each night before sleep, what kind of day you had. Anything new? Anything stressful? New medication? Any pains? Dinner out with friends? Later, when you are narrowing down the pressure range, note any changes you made. That way you can refer to it later. Next morning, note how you felt when you got up. Good night, bad night? Dreams? Woke up a lot? Slept like a log in a bed of moss? Write it down. When you look at the data you can refer to this journal and maybe start to see trends. Like, for me, Sunday night's data is always off during the fall. Why? Football! I eat differently, get stressed, get more active than I do the rest of the week.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 319 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 179 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,520 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 204 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 203 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.