Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could you give me questions for my mother's pulmonologist? or other help please?
RE: Could you give me questions for my mother's pulmonologist? or other help please?
Sleeprider, I can ask again. Smile Last time we tested sleep collars, we could not find one short enough or comfortable enough for her to use. As with most things, they are made for much taller people. She is very short and has a short neck.

Her bed adjustments are fine, as far as I know, with the way we have her pillow and pillow supports now. She is okay in her recliner, when it is leaning back.

The danger is when she is sitting more upright and falls asleep. As she is to be on her ResMed ventilator whenever she falls asleep now, that does not happen every often anymore.

When I am the family member on duty, I keep close watch.
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could you give me questions for my mother's pulmonologist? or other help please?
Some here have removed the covering, removed some foam, then recovered it.
Also, ask for a custom-sized collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about the Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar? I think these are custom ordered on their website, at least some measurements.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon and Dave, thanks. I will look into altering and adapting, or custom collars.

I appreciate your help. Smile
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Post Reply Post Reply
The shortest stock cervical collar is about 2-1/2” chin to chest. There are reviews in the review forum. They can be customized and all we really want is pressure at the back of the jaw to help keep the neck from compressing the airway and assist with leaks. There is nothing wrong wit experimenting with sleep collars for travel or other DIY solutions that result in comfort and “encouraging “ good cervical posture. We are not stabilizing a neck injury. The immediate priority is to take away excessive head support pillows that are most likely causing the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thanks for the clarification. Smile
====

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,216 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 362 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  been on CPAP for 5.5 weeks, still tired. pulmonologist has dismissed me mushroom 12 931 01-11-2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.