Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could you please review ?
Could you please review ?
I've been getting very low AHIs, usually less than 1. but i can not stay asleep at night, i'm attaching the zoomed out graph, then zoomed in on airflow.
Each time i wake up, i mark it , i can not see anything weird right before the arousals. This has been going on for a while now and i can not figure out why, it's affecting my daily activities badly.
Please let me know if you see something :

second day

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could you please review ?
I see nothing of cause, some minor Flow Limitations, but nothing that I feel is worthy of a wakeup.  The closest I see is the DeSAT around 850

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 08:17 PM)bonjour Wrote: I see nothing of cause, some minor Flow Limitations, but nothing that I feel is worthy of a wakeup.  The closest I see is the DeSAT around 850

Fred
if SPO2 is normal before arousals , so why i keep waking up ? i think i wake up after each sleep cycle, it's so tiring..

btw, you have to scroll the image all the way to the right to see the end of the screenshot, it opens zoomed in in chrome for some reason..
Post Reply Post Reply
You had a fairly quick drop to 90 at that time, I don't see signs of arousal there
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 08:25 PM)bonjour Wrote: You had a fairly quick drop to 90 at that time, I don't see signs of arousal there

my doctor does not seem to know either, this happens every single night.. should i do a titrating sleep study? is changing the machine or pressure can resolve this ? 
Please advise.

I also tried it as straight CPAP and lowest AHI was at 8:
Post Reply Post Reply
A pure experiment.  I do not see where this will help but stranger things have happened.  Maybe 2 phases and this assumes that you are very sensitive to pressure changes which is something we do not know.

Set your Min and Max to 7.6 and keep your EPR at 3.

The second phase would be to eliminate your EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 08:38 PM)bonjour Wrote: A pure experiment.  I do not see where this will help but stranger things have happened.  Maybe 2 phases and this assumes that you are very sensitive to pressure changes which is something we do not know.

Set your Min and Max to 7.6 and keep your EPR at 3.

The second phase would be to eliminate your EPR.

i tried cpap at 7.6(attached)
tried apr off, and i was waking up at higher pressures not able to breath.
yes i am sensitive to pressure change, that's why ended up having pressure difference with 2cm

Any aother suggestions? Could it be UARS? RERAs?
My sleep study did not show UARS though, it showd mild apnea/hypopnia and RERA's.
My apneas/hr in REM were lot higher than apnea/hr in total.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also don't see anything that should trigger an arousal. Sometimes it is just spontaneous disruption of sleep. We will keep looking, but the sleep disruption does not appear to be related to therapy so far. Your pressure is low with 3-cm EPR. None of the graphs seem to track the IPAP pressure, and I don't know why that is. Give your consistently low pressure requirement, I think you should change to fixed pressure, either by using CPAP mode or by setting minimum and maximum pressure to the same value. You may be sensitive to pressure changes, but it appears you benefit from EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 08:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I also don't see anything that should trigger an arousal.  Sometimes it is just spontaneous disruption of sleep. We will keep looking, but the sleep disruption does not appear to be related to therapy so far.  Your pressure is low with 3-cm EPR. None of the graphs seem to track the IPAP pressure, and I don't know why that is.  Give your consistently low pressure requirement, I think you should change to fixed pressure, either by using CPAP mode or by setting minimum and maximum pressure to the same value. You may be sensitive to pressure changes, but it appears you benefit from EPR.

Thank you Sleeprider, please see my last post
Post Reply Post Reply
You say that you are sensitive to pressure so try CPAP (7.6) without EPR.  If that doesn't do it I think you may need training to not wake up.  That means professional help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 155 7 hours ago
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 165 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 103 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 54,987 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 362 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.