Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could you please review ?
RE: Could you please review ?
Without question, you do not qualify for an ASV based on your numbers.  A favorable Doctor may be able to manipulate the system to get one.  But before that is considered let's complete this.  If the PS of 4 is tolerated I'd be tempted to extend the experiment to a PS of 5.  Note that PS of 4 is considered normal for BiLevel.
Pressure Support is intended to treat Flow Limits and Hypopneas, It is real hard to have RERAS without flow limitation.

Again with good numbers how one feels is by far more important.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 04:59 PM)bonjour Wrote: Without question, you do not qualify for an ASV based on your numbers.  A favorable Doctor may be able to manipulate the system to get one.  But before that is considered let's complete this.  If the PS of 4 is tolerated I'd be tempted to extend the experiment to a PS of 5.  Note that PS of 4 is considered normal for BiLevel.
Pressure Support is intended to treat Flow Limits and Hypopneas, It is real hard to have RERAS without flow limitation.

Again with good numbers how one feels is by far more important.

Fred
oh i know, the DME gave me such a hard time to get me the aircurve 10 vauto looking at my low AHIs. i had to fight for it. i'm asking your opinion if ASV is really better than bilvevel vauto in elminating RERAs even i have to buy a used one out of pocket. that is why i was asking your opinion.

I will definitely follow the plan you wrote me first before anything, and thanks for the PS information, what is weird is last night my PS was only 1, and i see little higher flow limitations spikes in REM but i almost feel i slept better then these 2 other night where my PS was 4, and 6 ( below screenshots) but i was waking up a lot more often and was very sleepy through the day. That is why i don't understand how this works.. shouldn't the pressure increase eliminate flow limits and then less RERAs happen ?  that is not how my body is responding..
it is struggling to breath, almost like it doesn't matter if pressure is 5, 7 or 11. 

PS 4, EPAP:4, IPAPmax: 12

[Image: k3mNsmO.png]

PS 6, EPAP:5, IPAP max:13

[Image: sC6Uv2n.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at this.  Are you comfortable with this. Recognize the charts?  BTW based on the PS4 chart you posted PS at these levels I doubt will resolve your RERA. The PS6 does have diminished Flow Limits  but is more difficult to resolve the RERAs at this level.

I'm looking at a couple of your RERAs and it reminds me a lot of Chin Tucking.  I have nothing to back this up but do you have a soft cervical collar or an anti-snoring collar?  Would you be willing to try one to see if it resolves your RERAs?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 07:23 PM)bonjour Wrote: Look at this.  Are you comfortable with this. Recognize the charts?  BTW based on the PS4 chart you posted PS at these levels I doubt will resolve your RERA. The PS6 does have diminished Flow Limits  but is more difficult to resolve the RERAs at this level.

I'm looking at a couple of your RERAs and it reminds me a lot of Chin Tucking.  I have nothing to back this up but do you have a soft cervical collar or an anti-snoring collar?  Would you be willing to try one to see if it resolves your RERAs?

Fred

i do have actually a cervical collar, and i do chin tuck when i sleep on my side.
should i wear the collar while i am trying the experiment you gave me? like from first day or maybe 3rd day ?

i was not sleeping ok with any of those charts, even though flow limitation looked less and AHI was way low. 
i kinda slept better ( but i'll confirm tonight) with the PS 1 and IPAP 5, ePAP4. (last night chart) which had low AHI as well but higher flow limitation. IS the fact that they are happening at REM mean anything? does that affect anything in the therapy pressure settings or type of machine ?
Post Reply Post Reply
REM doesn't impact machine or settings.  When we see events we may adjust settings whether or not REM sleep.  We do usually wake from REM but normally fall back asleep without realizing it.

Try the collar tonight then scan for that RERA pattern.  You will need to scan the entire sleeping period and take a baseline scan, then repeat with the collar.

I'm hoping that the collar may solve your problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 09:54 PM)bonjour Wrote: REM doesn't impact machine or settings.  When we see events we may adjust settings whether or not REM sleep.  We do usually wake from REM but normally fall back asleep without realizing it.

Try the collar tonight then scan for that RERA pattern.  You will need to scan the entire sleeping period and take a baseline scan, then repeat with the collar.

I'm hoping that the collar may solve your problems.

Thanks Fred, how do I scan for RERA ? From the graph it shows? 
I know I got a RERA from waking up bc I was trying to inhale air but I don't know how to find them from the graphs
Post Reply Post Reply
You zoom to a 2 minute view then use your arrow key to scan thru your graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 07:23 PM)bonjour Wrote: Look at this.  Are you comfortable with this. Recognize the charts?  BTW based on the PS4 chart you posted PS at these levels I doubt will resolve your RERA. The PS6 does have diminished Flow Limits  but is more difficult to resolve the RERAs at this level.

Fred

oops sorry,  look here for the pattern
Optimizing_therapy RERA
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 10:06 PM)bonjour Wrote: You zoom to a 2 minute view then use your arrow key to scan thru your graph.

Ok thanks a lot, when there is a spike up  followedf by irregular few curves  after a normal curve that means it's a RERA correct ?
Post Reply Post Reply
No read the article
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,003 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 330 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,985 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.