Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couldn't breathe out in the morning?
Couldn't breathe out in the morning?
I couldn't breathe out in the morning through my nose, no idea why?
I checked the vent holes in the Swift FX and they looked fine, I could breathe through them without any problems.
The machine is not set for EPR, but then I was at 18 on the old machine and I had turned it off without any problems.
The Airsense10 Autosense had risen a small amount, it had reached 12.5 but I was on 18 in old machine without any problems.  It is a problem I have not come across before, the next two mornings were no problem, I have changed nothing, just checked vents were clear.  It didn't mater how hard I tried to breathe out, I just couldn't do it!
Very odd, I had to pinch myself to check I was not dreaming, I just couldn't understand it.
I had to breath through my mouth, but when I tried to breath through my nose again I couldn't?
I turned the machine off, had a look at everything and tried it again and all was fine.
I was getting plenty of air in, I just could not breath it out again through my nose and I am at a loss to say why!

Any ideas?
Anyone?

Not that it worries me, as I can breathe through my mouth, but I sure would like to know if anyone has had this problem before?

Bed time, it is 1:30am here, goodnight.   Sleep-well
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couldn't breathe out in the morning?
Exhale can be very difficult for me, too. Sometimes, it makes me rip my mask off in the night, swallow a lot of air, or hyperventilate. I use EPR, but I don't know how to address the problem otherwise.... Hope you get some ideas here!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couldn't breathe out in the morning?
Hi Halfasleep, i have no idea what happened.  It has not happened since or before.
The wife said I had just had a flue injection a few days before and I have a slight clod and that my nose could have been blocked, but it wasn't as I could breathe through my nose as soon as I took my mask off.
I couldn't understand it at the time and I still have no idea what could have caused it.
The machine said its max pressure was only 12.5 which is a long way short of what I am used to.
It was just a bit strange, the fact I have no idea what caused it is slightly worrying but as I can breathe through mu mouth it is not a problem.  I am just wondering if it was me that malfunctioned or was it something to do with the equipment?
Expiry Relief was supposed to be turned on on the machine, but when I checked it after I got it home I found it was only during Ramp and it was not on at any other time.  As I never use Ramp, that was sort of pointless anyway.
At such a low pressure I would not want to use Ramp anyway.
I just wish I knew what happened, it has got me stumped!   Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 200 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,983 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 264 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,965 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,786 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,173 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.