Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couldn't take a deep breath
Thanks everyone. I have reflux disease and have had problems like this before. If i'm not better in a couple of days, I'll seek medical attention. Today was a holiday here in Ontario and I'm away the next two days so hopefully it will resolve itself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Just a quick update to this problem. I had all kinds of tests done and the doctor could not find a reason for my inability to take a deep breath. This week I had my respiration therapist's appointment and I mentioned it to him. On my second visit he had changed my pressure from 9 to 10 which appeared to be causing a heaviness in my upper chest and he thought maybe that might also be the cause of my breathing problem. He switched me back to 9 and I'm doing much better. So if anyone else experiences this, you might need a pressure change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sandra_ON,
It's great to hear that your tests came back normal and I'm glad to hear that lowering your pressure resolved your problems with taking deep breaths.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on my breathing problem....

Saw the RT this week. When I first went my pressure was 9, after 3 wks he raised it to 10 (the sleep study had indicated 9), then I started having the breathing problem but I didn't equate it to the rise in pressure. So this time when I told him about the breathing problems and heaviness in chest which had also developed, he said it might be because of the change in pressure so he reduced to 9 again. My breathing isn't back but seems to be much better and the chest heaviness is mostly gone. (Sigh of relief) I had gone to the doctor and had heart tests and lung tests and showed nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Woke up catching my breath MyronH 1 141 01-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Hojo
  Shortness of Breath/Air Hunger; Fixed Bakerman82 8 311 12-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Couldn't breathe out in the morning? Sleep2Snore 2 204 11-26-2017, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  My mask is vibrating when I breath out ajimen05 8 2,323 10-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Last Post: BlinkyGeorgia
  Trouble catching breath in the morning after removing mask. Anybody help? geves35x 5 392 07-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Breath Not Detected on Latest Sleephead Version SideSleeper 4 504 06-04-2017, 06:31 AM
Last Post: car54
  Waking up gasping for breath chigirl 10 1,048 02-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider